Parkinson’s News Forums Forums COVID-19 and Parkinson’s Will you take the Covid-19 booster when it’s available?

Tagged: ,

• Will you take the Covid-19 booster when it’s available?

Posted by Mary Beth Skylis on August 9, 2021 at 11:07 am

My Dad (diagnosed in 2013) was quick to get vaccinated when they became available. He worried about being hospitalized if he were to contract the virus. And he hopes to continue staying vaccinated for as long as possible. But I know some people still feel skeptical about the vaccine and subsequent boosters. Will you take the Covid-19 booster when it becomes available?

Marie replied 2 years, 3 months ago 24 Members · 31 Replies
  • 31 Replies
  • Barry Block

August 10, 2021 at 2:08 pm

I will have no hesitation, The odds of a PD patient being hospitalized or dying are at least four times greater that of a non-PD patient! Res Ipsa Loquitur!

• Jann Kaye

December 30, 2021 at 6:35 pm

95% of Australians have been vaccinated. My husband has had PD for 16 years and has had his three shots. I can’t understand people who hesitate to get the only form of protection they can. Good thing their parents didn’t think twice about giving them their childhood shots – including against polio.

• UMAKANT PANCHOLI

August 10, 2021 at 3:48 pm

I will take the covid booster when it is made available ( some time in September with the flu jab in the U.K.)

• Ann Marie

August 17, 2021 at 4:09 pm

Would  you have the reference where a PD patient has four times greater risk of dying or being hospitalized as you stated in your post? I would like to read it.

• UMAKANT PANCHOLI

November 2, 2021 at 3:50 pm

I have had my booster on 1st October. I did not get any reactions. The first two doses were Astrazeneca vaccine and the booster jab was from Pfizer vaccine.

• Denise

August 10, 2021 at 6:20 pm

Definitely take the booster. Nothing can be as bad as Covid 19.

• Sherri

August 14, 2021 at 1:16 am

Absolutely

• Jo S.

August 17, 2021 at 3:09 pm

Sherri stole my answer (just kidding, Sherri!). My reply: Unequivocally YES, with no hesitation! I’d sign up for it today if I could!

• Larry Rice

August 17, 2021 at 6:05 pm

Of course! Please note that my major was in an offshoot of microbiology and that I took graduate level virology. After what I learned in my coursework and what I saw living in a poor country where most could not afford vaccines, I am sure you’d be out if your mind if you didn’t get it.

• Ann Marie

August 17, 2021 at 6:31 pm

I have been vaccinated.  I also have a degree in organismic biology and Medical Science .  I just wanted to read the study based on your statement.  ?

• Barbara

August 19, 2021 at 7:48 am

Yes! (Because it.works.)

• Marla Wise

August 19, 2021 at 5:02 pm

Absolutely!

• Bill Keller

August 19, 2021 at 6:42 pm

I took my 3rd shot of the Moderna vaccine on Monday.  I was anxious to get because I had ZERO antibodies after the first 2 shots.  PD is an autoimmune disease and I think we should be very active in determining if the vaccine is working or not.

• Bari

December 30, 2021 at 7:08 am

” PD is an autoimmune disease.”  Has this been proven to be true, Bill? I thought it was still in the theory stage.

• Bari

December 30, 2021 at 7:15 am

” PD is an autoimmune disease.”  Has this been proven to be true, Bill? I thought it was still in the theory stage. I’m interested to know the current status.

• Phil Gattis

August 20, 2021 at 7:16 am

yes

• Denise

November 2, 2021 at 2:16 pm

I have already had the booster, I suffered a reaction and was extremely ill for two days and thought that if this was a reaction how bad Covid 19 must be and despite the reaction which took 5 days for me to get over I am so glad I had the booster and am feeling really well now. Denise

• Mary Beth Skylis

November 3, 2021 at 8:03 am

Denise, I had the same thought. If the vaccine can cause a reaction like that, do I really want to experience the full-blown virus?

• Marlyne Wilder

November 5, 2021 at 12:39 am

I had both Pfizer vaccines, the Pfizer booster, and will definitely get the next Pfizer booster when it becomes available next year!   I had no ill effects with any of the vaccines.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    November 9, 2021 at 2:33 pm

Yes, my husband went for the booster without any hesitation!

• Beth T Browne

November 9, 2021 at 4:30 pm

I not only have Parkinson’s, but I have a leaky heart valve, a partial collapsed lung, and an esphogus problem affecting my eating.  I knew with the lung issue I had to get the vaccine and I did in March.  I am going tomorrow for the booster.

• Mary Beth Skylis

November 11, 2021 at 8:00 am

Wow, Beth. It sounds like you have a lot of scary and difficult things to manage. I hope you’re feeling supported! I know I’ll get the booster when the time comes for me, too.

• Don

November 10, 2021 at 3:54 am

At this stage I think being ‘fully vaccinated’ means having 2 jabs but with efficacy of a booster it proably will be a requirement in future to meet the fully vaccinated criterion. To answer your question, yes I will have it as soon as 6 months have elapsed since my second jab.

• Deepak patidar

December 30, 2021 at 12:00 am

Definitely take the booster. Nothing can be as bad as Covid 19.

<table>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td width=”44″></td>
    <td width=”950″></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

• UMAKANT PANCHOLI

December 30, 2021 at 12:17 am

I have had my booster.

• Bari

December 30, 2021 at 7:03 am

YES. YES. YES.

• Clive Varejes

December 30, 2021 at 2:45 pm

I took the booster jab a week ago now, and had no adverse reaction whatsoever.

• Sheeba Birk

December 30, 2021 at 3:29 pm

YES! I’ve had all 3 shots. I felt much better after each dose and all my pain and a lost of PD symptoms vanished for a week afterwards. I’d like to get more boosters due to my responses.

• nancy

December 30, 2021 at 3:35 pm

I have received the two vaccination shots and have been boosted also – all with Pfizer.  No bad reactions at all.

• JOSEPH T. MANCINI

December 30, 2021 at 4:07 pm

Absolutely! I have had three shots of the Moderna, and when more is called for, I will get it. I also get the seasonal flu shot, the “oldster” version.

Falls and pneumonia kill more PD patients than anything.

• Marie

December 30, 2021 at 9:15 pm

No. No one in my house has had the vaccine. My doctor told me no due to an allergy, my son refused due to his age group, and my husband who is the pd person in the house, said no.