• Posted by Deleted User on December 31, 2019 at 11:51 am

Folks, today is my last new topic post as a forum administrator.

I plan to remain active as a registered user going forward.  I was part of the original launch of this forum in June 2018 and have watched it grow to over 600 members in that time.

This forum is becoming a community and one of the goals was to have members interact with each other on this forum.   I see that happening and I am so thankful to all of you for sharing your stories.   It is good to know we are not alone and for myself, I can say I have learned a lot from the members.

I will still be creating an article every month in my column:  https://parkinsonsnewstoday.com/category/slow-is-the-new-fast-a-column-by-jean-mellano/

May you all have a wonderful 2020!

Deleted User replied 4 years, 3 months ago 11 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • Robert

January 1, 2020 at 7:56 pm

Jean

As I am sure most of us forum members have become aware of over our time here, we have you and Ally to thank for establishing the wonderfully respectful and thoughtful tone of this forum.

Thank you for caring and making all of us feel welcome.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Robert

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 1, 2020 at 8:13 pm

Robert

thank u for your kind words.  We are all in this together.    Happy new year to u as well

• Michael R. Scott

January 2, 2020 at 9:29 am

Jean,

You will be missed, that is for sure! May you have good results in your battle with  Parkinson’s…. Will look forward to your articles…. 🙂

Mike Scott

• Toni Shapiro

January 2, 2020 at 10:12 am

Again my post is held up for moderation and I never know why this happens.  Has anyone else had their posts held up?  Thank you.

• George Kapetanakis

January 2, 2020 at 10:23 am

Ya sou Jean. Thanks and good luck with everything. You will be missed.

• Toni Shapiro

January 2, 2020 at 11:15 am

Although I am fairly new to this form I want to thank you for your encouraging words and insights. I look for your name on the form to make sure I read what you have written.  I can’t express how much I appreciate this forum.  It’s the first thing I look for every day…..and coffee! All the very best to you Jean.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 2, 2020 at 11:17 am

Toni, usually if there is a link in the response it will flag for moderation, but you had no links… go figure…

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 2, 2020 at 11:19 am

George, Toni, Michael.. thank you so much for your kind words.. i do hope for a cure for all of us in 2020 and i will still be active on the forum, not just as a moderator…

• Christine

January 2, 2020 at 4:31 pm

Thanks Jean! You’ve been very helpful and encouraging in your role as moderator. I look forward to your articles (can’t wait for one on red light therapy).

All the best!

• Mary Klein / John Klein

January 2, 2020 at 4:54 pm

Hi Jean,

Although my husband and I are new to this forum, we are very excited to be joining in on these valuable conversations.  This is exactly what we had hope we could find as an on-line resource!

Wishing you all the best and looking forward to hearing from you in the future.

Mary & John Klein

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 2, 2020 at 6:27 pm

thank you Mary/John.  it was our goal to create a community where we could all support each other

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 2, 2020 at 6:36 pm

christine, not sure when i will get article out on infrared light… the jury is still out for me.. plus, i have already written 3 articles scheduled for next 3 months.

thank you for your well wishes 🙂

• Jo S.

January 3, 2020 at 9:30 am

Thank you so much for creating a safe, interactive, supportive community, Jean. You and Ally have been wonderful. Will anyone else be stepping into your shoes?

I hope you’ll continue to be a contributor and conversation starter here! I’m glad you’ll be continuing to write articles — I look forward to reading more of them in the future!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 3, 2020 at 12:02 pm

Jo. Thank u for ur kind words. I will still be around responding and posting when I am good to type.  Ally is still here as is Mary Beth.

• Amelie

January 5, 2020 at 10:39 pm

Thank you Jean for all your kind words and your support.  You will be missed but we do understand.

Wishing you all the best. Take care.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 6, 2020 at 7:28 am

Thank you Amelie…  all the best to you as well..

• Andrew L.

January 6, 2020 at 9:50 pm

Thank you Jean for all that you did and do! Live strong, one moment at a time!!

• Lou Hevly

January 8, 2020 at 4:40 am

Dear Jean:

First of all, you will be sorely missed, but life goes on and we have to accept that most good things come to an end. I’m glad to hear you’ll be continuing Slow is the New Fast and I still think you should find a publisher for the whole series. It’s the best real, up front and honest description of someone who suffers “hard-core” Parkinson’s that I’ve seen anywhere. Like I think I told you, my wife cried when she read my Catalan excerpts from your work.

You’re an inspiration to us all and if my PD ever gets to a critical state, I won’t be bitch and whining: I’ll be trying to live up to your example.

God bless you,
    Lou

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 8, 2020 at 5:54 am

thank u so much lou for your kind words and encouragement. know that i do have my bitching and whining days.  i just try not to give in to it.  somedays i am better at being strong.  one of my upcoming articles was started when i was in a bad place. However,  i had to set it aside until i felt i could put a more positive spin on the struggle.  please stay in touch..

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 8, 2020 at 1:28 pm

Thank you Andrew for your words of wisdom… “…one moment at a time”