Parkinson’s News Forums Forums COVID-19 and Parkinson’s Did you notice changes to your symptoms after getting vaccinated?

• clive-varejes

August 12, 2021 at 9:11 am

Absolutely no symptoms out of the ordinary.  I have had the 2 Pfizer shots.

The only symptom is that I now feel a lot safer.

B-)

• blanche-glazier

August 14, 2021 at 3:28 pm

My husband’s level of anxiety has significantly decreased since getting the vaccine.  I think his memory actually has improved since the vaccine.  It might be the anxiety decrease, but overall he seems better.

• Rick Tabakin

August 27, 2021 at 10:56 am

Did not notice any changes relative to PD

• jo-s

August 12, 2021 at 3:08 pm

Ditto to everything Clive said! (Thanks, Clive!)

• umakant-pancholi

August 24, 2021 at 12:25 pm

No symptoms at all. I have had wrong shots of AstraZeneca vaccine.

• pat-cavanagh

August 12, 2021 at 8:34 pm

Two weeks after a second Maderna shot, I felt like my balance had improved. Not recovered, but better. Wonder, if a boost to the immune system might clean up some of the bad proteins, and slow disease progression. Even though that was not the primary target. Or is it just in my head? Obvious pun not intended. Any one else notice anything?
    Going to ask the neurologist next appointment.

• larry-rice

August 13, 2021 at 2:47 pm

I didn’t notice any difference (Moderna vaccine).

Cheers,

Larry

• jose

August 19, 2021 at 3:17 pm

I had the 2 Pfizer shots In Jan 2021. Did Not notice changes to symptoms after getting vaccinated. Awaiting the booster shot.

• fred-barnett

August 25, 2021 at 10:29 am

I also had the two Pfizer shots in January. My incontinence and tremors got a lot worse and are still bad. I did get Covid before my shots. I don’t know if that made a difference or not.

• lisakent

August 24, 2021 at 2:19 pm

I had two Pfizer shots and did not notice any changes in Parkinson’s symptoms.

• larry-rice

August 25, 2021 at 5:57 pm

While this is all interesting to read, I hope everyone realizes it is statistically insignificant anecdotal evidence which is invalid as a basis for deciding anything.

• andrew-l

September 7, 2021 at 3:24 pm

Wholeheartedly agree

• bill-keller

August 26, 2021 at 3:57 pm

My general level of anxiety went down until I took an antibody test on the recommendation of a friend.  Turns out I had zero antibodies from my 2 Moderna shots in March, then my anxiety went through the roof!  I received a booster shot (my third Moderna shot) last week.  I am hoping my anxiety subsides after retesting for antibodies and learn that indeed the third time is the charm.

• lou-hevly

September 3, 2021 at 12:45 pm

Unfortunately one Pfizer shot caused severe swelling in both hands; 3 months later, the left has recovered but my right is still affected.
    All this is purely anecdotal; we get vaccinated not to protect ourselves from covid, but rather to prevent spreading it to others.

• norman-debole

September 8, 2021 at 12:44 am

Hi, yes. I got 2 days of fever. But don’t worry just normal symptoms. 🙂 Other of my friends got a fever like me.