Tagged: 

• jacqueline-schuster

November 2, 2022 at 3:43 pm

My husband takes clonazapan every night.  His physical movements have decreased to almost 0.  It helps him to sleep which has been a huge problem for him.  He can now sleep 5-6 hours at night which I am very grateful for.’

• cynthia-ball

November 2, 2022 at 3:53 pm

My husband began taking it approx 3 mths ago.  He takes .025 at bedtime to alleviate violent, vivid dreams.  It is the lowest dosage you can get, dissolves under the tongue.  He also adds 10 mg of melatonin.  Any increase in the clonazepam leaves him in a total fog all day.  I didn’t know it was used to treat anxiety, as well.

• polkadot

November 2, 2022 at 3:58 pm

I don’t think it should be. I am also on lowest dose. Will speak with my dr. Thanks.

• polkadot

November 2, 2022 at 3:56 pm

Yes, it does help for sleep. Unfortunately, it makes me a zombie during the day. Thanks for your comment.

• benny

November 28, 2023 at 4:17 pm

Been taking this for years I cut mine in half taking 0.5 mg. Was having a very bad horror dreams but since I started on these pills all gone.

• jorge-o-mariscal

November 3, 2022 at 9:04 am

Hi: I’ve taken Clonazapan 0.25.mg at night. I have found it very helpful to fall and stay asleep. I don’t experience fog in the morning at that dose. it can be helpful for anxiety. Occasionally used it for long flights.

Two drawbacks:

1. it can be addictive

2. it is a muscle relaxer so it can increase sleep apnea.

• polkadot

November 9, 2022 at 10:56 am

Thanks

• William R

November 3, 2022 at 5:08 pm

I have tried Clonazepam in the past. The sleep was great and I was appreciative for that.  The reason I quit was it also causes constipation which I already had enough of.  Hope this helps someone.

• leon-celnik

November 3, 2022 at 5:30 pm

I’ve been using 5 drops of Clonazepam almost every night for the last 5 years. I don’t know if its adictive, but right now I can’t sleep without it. In fact, when I’m overexcited or nervous, I can’t sleep at all. I think that it has all to do with my PD, more than the drug.

• polkadot

November 9, 2022 at 10:57 am

Have heard it is very addictive. No solution but to try something else. Thanks for your input.

• barbara-ford

November 3, 2022 at 8:49 pm

My neurologist said it causes brain fog in women over 70.  I didn’t realize I had brain fog until it was gone.

• polkadot

November 9, 2022 at 10:58 am

Am experiencing brain fog. Thanks.

• judy-cimala

November 3, 2022 at 9:21 pm

Years ago my husband started acting out his dreams usually violently. He had a sleep test and they found out he had REM Sleep Behavior Disorder. The doctor put him on Clonazapan. He has been on it for years. He takes a 1mg every night at bedtime. It has been a great drug for him. He is never groggy or tired the next day.  The doctor back then told him that he may possibly get PD some day. The sleep behavior disorder is a possible indicator of future PD. He was diagnosed with PD a year ago. I have also taken Clonazapan for anxiety. It has been a great drug for us.

• katherinesherpa

November 3, 2022 at 10:29 pm

I take 0.5 mg every night at bedtime. I sleep like a baby, and have no sleep-associated problems. I started taking it 25 years ago, along with an antidepressant, to help with sleep. Some people might find that it adversely affects their balance in the daytime, so it wouldn’t be safe for them to take. In addition, as we age, our body is slower to clear medications. As a result, a smaller dose — e.g. 0.25 mg — might be safer for some people. Also, if necessary, Clonazepam can even be stretch to every other day, because it has a long “half-life” (it stays in the body for longer than 24 hours). Hope this helps.

• jody-kearns

November 4, 2022 at 9:20 am

I have been y’all it for about 6 weeks

I take it to help me sleep It helps a little not as much as you thought it

would

i take 1mg

I tried to increase the dose but then I was groggy the next day

• leon-celnik

November 4, 2022 at 10:31 am

During some time, I decreased the dose of nightly Clonazepam and my dreams (nightmares) got so real, I couldn’t differentiate the reality from the fantasy, even shouting and sweating. So right now, I’m convinced that I must have this drug daily. The problem, my neurologist says, is the PD.

• katherinesherpa

November 4, 2022 at 6:49 pm

If the symptoms were not present when you were taking the Clonazepam, but started when the medication was discontinued, I think that the medication WAS treating your PARKINSON’S. I don’t understand why your doctor thinks it’s “either/or”. Why stop a drug if it was blocking some of the miserable CNS (Central Nervous System) symptoms of PD? I’m a doctor (retired), with one of my Internships in Neurology (granted, 40 years ago!) I practiced as a Psychiatrist for more than 30 years. Feel free to tell him/her that, as far I understand the problem, there is no reason for you to stop the Clonazepam. [Just FYI: I have Parkinson’s AND I take Clonazepam, and sleep like a baby. No nightmares, no nocturnal movements. May also be worth mentioning to him/her.]

• laurie

November 10, 2022 at 5:53 am

As a doctor, maybe you can shed light on my dilemma. See my note below. I become tolerant to one amount and then I have to increase. Now I’m on 1 mg after starting on 1/2 mg. months ago. It’s very helpful for my anxiety, sleep and movements, but I’m afraid I’ll have to keep taking more eventually.

• roxanne-self

November 7, 2022 at 5:05 am

I have taken Clonazepam for years. I was dx in 2011. Unfortunately now I have to quit taking it. Very difficult, as I have become addicted to it. It has made all kinds of symptoms to come back including sleep disruption. I would say be careful with it. Follow directions carefully. It is awfully easy to take a little more when sleeping is goes away. If this happens tell your doctor. They may want you to try something else.

• patricia-mccormick

November 8, 2022 at 2:24 pm

I’ve taken Clonazepam for about 9 years now for anxiety. I didn’t realize I had PD at the time. I wasn’t diagnosed until 2020. I’ve never been sleepy from it the next day. It does help me sleep, but PD wakes me up every two hours all through the night from urinary frequency.

• mary-evslins

November 8, 2022 at 4:13 pm

I took Clonazapam so that I would not act out my dreams and hit and yell in my sleep. I have REM sleep disorder and it helped a lot.

It, however, made me too sleepy during the next day so my doctor switched me to Lorazepam which is not so long lasting and helps only a little less with the sleep issues.

• polkadot

November 9, 2022 at 11:03 am

Thanks. All opinions help.

• laurie

November 10, 2022 at 5:49 am

I’ve had chronic insomnia for years before I was diagnosed with PD. Then when I got the diagnosis I was very anxious and never had that level of anxiety before. I fell off my bed one time and landed on the floor while dreaming I was running (another PD symptom). I started taking Temazepam but my Dr said that Clonazepan would work better for me as it helps support GABA neurotransmitter and it helps with the jerky movements and falling when sleeping. So I started with .5 mg. That has worked well but after awhile my body adjusts to the amount and now I’m on 1 mg. So you build tolerance and it is addictive. I don’t feel groggy, and I’m no longer falling off the bed, and I don’t have anxiety. I just hope I don’t have to keep taking more.

• polkadot

November 10, 2022 at 10:56 am

I’m also trying to keep my dosage low. Thanks

• polkadot

November 10, 2022 at 10:57 am

I’m also trying to keep my dosage low.

• roberth

November 10, 2022 at 9:32 am

I was having awful nightmares. Very physical, lots of “punching out” and violent movement. Now I take 250mcg every night just before sleep and the nightmares and violent movements have stopped. However, I have noticed that if I introduce any new medication or new supplements that work on the brain I will get one or two nights of mild nightmares. As far as helping with my poor sleeping pattern is concerned it doesn’t help at all.

• mysfgiants

November 23, 2023 at 2:00 pm

My mother was just given this medication for sleep. She has not been sleeping at night and I can’t stay up all night and neither can my husband. Going to see how it works tonight, I’m hoping it will work I’ve been researching the medication and yes it is addicting but at 86 years old I’m not worried about it. I need her to sleep, I hope it works.

• marla-wise

November 23, 2023 at 5:07 pm

I was on clonazepam (0.5) for about two years. It definitely helped me sleep and my dystonia calmed down I just met with my new neurologist and she wanted me off it because studies show it can lead to dementia, especially in older people (I’m 71). I’m now taking baclofen, which helps my muscle spasms but not my sleep! Any others with similar experience?

• bruceparkingsuns

November 23, 2023 at 8:38 pm

Are you spelling it correctly, or is this a different drug?

I take clonazepam to help me sleep. It also cuts down my anxiety.

• polkadot

November 24, 2023 at 10:01 am

First, you must be watchful with any med. I take .25 Clonazepam + 2 Melatonin gummies every night. Sleep fine and not groggy in am. Will continue with this. B

• troy

November 27, 2023 at 9:46 am

Hello, I take Clonazepam for REM sleep disorder (.5 mg). The first few days it made me extremely groggy. Eventually it became more tolerable, and I have no issues now. My sleep neurologist did caution me to never stop taking abruptly as that can lead to an epileptic seizure. For myself, the pros outweigh the cons.

• Dechen

November 28, 2023 at 12:09 pm

I take clonazepam (the anxiety medication) for nausea associated with Parkinson’s disease. Nothing else I’ve tried works. I tried many other things for the daily nausea. I finally decided that maybe my stomach was shaky and tried an old dose of clonazepam that I had. This helped alot and the doctor was willing to prescribe it since it was so effective. I take .5 mg or half of that or none at all depending on my nausea. It has been a lifesaver for me and I have not had any side effects whatsoever. I take it at whatever time of day I feel nauseated but never more than .5 mg per day and I can skip days with no problems

I know many people have side effects and this is an off label use of the medication. But it works so well for me for nausea that I wanted to share this information.

• Maz

November 28, 2023 at 3:42 pm

I take .25 mg as needed for insomnia (at bedtime or in the middle of the night) and for social anxiety. Have been doing so for several years. I get a bit drowsy if I take it during the day but otherwise no side effects. For me it’s a godsend.

• john-wick

December 14, 2023 at 2:29 pm

Are you taking ERCarbidopa Levodopa also?

• Maz

December 19, 2023 at 6:58 am

No, just sinemet

Page 1 of 2