Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Research Vibrating gloves eliminate Parkinson’s tremors and other symptoms

• Krukar

January 3, 2023 at 3:07 pm

Hi Phil,

Like you I am very excited about the possibilities that this type of treatment may offer. Dr. Peter Tass at Stanford has created a strategy that could well change the treatment landscape for our community. In fact I have volunteered for the study since they still have room for participants.

I still know that exercise, diet, and medication are keys to my symptom management. I always remember that Faith without  Works is Dead. Blessings, Mike

• Ally

January 5, 2023 at 7:12 pm

This is super interesting! I’ll pass this along to the BioNews news team. 🙂 Thanks for sharing, Phil.

• Mary Beth Skylis

January 6, 2023 at 1:20 pm

Phil, this is the first time I’m hearing about it. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

Krukar, what has your experience as a volunteer been like so far?

• Krukar

January 7, 2023 at 5:01 pm

Mary Beth,

They have not contacted me yet. I just hope they will give me a chance.

Blessings, Mike

• Ravindra Kango

January 11, 2023 at 1:43 pm

I watched the videos in first two links. ” Totally unbelievable ” will be the first reaction by anyone who is fighting the duet with PD or has someone close facing it.

• Hundreds of research projects are going on for several years worldwide to find a sureshot therapy / solution to PD but very few are showing ray of hopes. Majority of these projects have either vanish into the blue halfway or nothing is heard about them after the clinical trial stages. But this vibrating gloves therapy may not be a rocket science thing but certainly showing a novel, Out of the Box Thinking approach and improvement accross most of the critical symptoms and that too expected to last longer than any other therapis available today. The cherry on top is that it is non-invasive and no serious side effects expected. Looking at the technology and materials used, I hope this device won’t be very expensive.
    • What more do you want ?
    • Also hope it will pass through all approvals and seen in the stores soon. It is very likely to be a game changer as described. In my view this is a milestone invention which deserved to hit the news headlines globally. But I wonder why it did not feature in the public media as such. Few people like us who keep surfing the net, subscribe to forums such as  Parkinson’s News Today will be aware of this new ray of hope.
    • Melissa Harrison

January 14, 2023 at 8:31 am

The next clinical research study will take place very soon in Portland, Oregon. You will be given the glove to take home, but you must visit the clinic for follow ups.

They hope to get approval in the next year, or possibly sooner if the trial goes well. The FDA has fast tracked it.           You will need a prescription to receive the glove. They are not sure yet if they will lease it or sell it- maybe both.

I received the above information from the company that is collaborating with the Stanford group.

• Ravindra Kango

January 19, 2023 at 7:40 am

Very Good !

Thank you for the update.

• JJ

January 19, 2023 at 6:40 pm

Please share more information on who/how to contact: #s, names? Only information I find, so far, is Not Yet Recruiting.

Thank You!

• Charles H Levin

January 12, 2023 at 2:39 pm

As you can see from the first post, the Today Show (NBC) has picked up the story. Beyond that no other major outlets like NPR, PBS, NY Times, WaPo, WSJ have yet to follow. Yes, this does look incredibly promising.

Krukar … Do you have a link for the trial? And must you live in the Bay Area to participate? Lastly, what level of symptoms are they recruiting from? Advanced? Unable to walk?

• Paulette Myers

January 12, 2023 at 6:47 pm

I agree that this new treatment looks very promising and is very exciting.  It is great to see an “out of the box” therapy working so well.  A friend of mine sent me a link to the video and I was very surprised by the improvement shown.  I forwarded the video to two other people I know who have PD and they were not aware of this trial.  I hope the trial progresses quickly so more people can use this new therapy.

• Krukar

January 13, 2023 at 8:25 am

Charles,

The E-mail address for the Vibrating glove project is
    [email protected].

I submitted my name about 10 days ago and received an automatic response.

I hope to be selected. Mike

• Phil Gattis

January 19, 2023 at 6:47 am

<label for=”bbp_topic_subscription”>Notify me of follow-up replies via email</label>

• Barbara

January 19, 2023 at 8:09 am

Have forwarded the info to my neurologist. Fantastic news.