• CBD Oil and Parkinsons

Posted by Mary Beth Skylis on February 3, 2020 at 6:09 am

I’m a Colorado-based athlete, and I recently discovered CBD oil’s recovery benefits. As a rock climber, I occasionally suffer from tendinitis or general muscle soreness. I’ve been taking a CBD tincture for less than a week, and my current symptoms are nearly gone.

While I was speaking to a local sales rep, he mentioned that regular use of a CBD tincture has dramatically impacted people with Parkinson’s. This information led me to wonder: Have any of you tried CBD oil? If so, in what form? And has it made a difference for you?

Kim replied 1 year, 2 months ago 10 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Andrew L.

February 4, 2020 at 1:34 pm

I have vaped it, used edibles, and sublingual tincture.
    At 20 mg I believe it reduces anxiety. 10 mg hit or miss with anxiety. Doesn’t really help with sleep.
    Most of what is sold in the dispensaries here in Florida is hybrid, one dispensary here has indica dominant. Actually don’t like the way the indica dominant CBD makes me feel. I have also tried it at 12.5:1 CBD:THC hybrid. Not much different. Like the edibles best (10 mg per gummy, onset a little longer.) Bottom line it is not a panacea (at least for me) , just another tool for the tool just. As an aside, I found that indica dominant THC tincture microdosed under tongue helps with sleep (2-6 drops). Unfortunately only lasts about 3 hours and feel it the next day (a little cognitive “foginess” in the AM.) Does not make me high at all.

• Hector Yturralde

February 4, 2020 at 2:33 pm

Hello Mary Beth,

WWP has been taking CBD oil tincture (200 mg) for several years.  She takes it sublingual and has helped with stiffness and soreness.  There is a CBD ointment that she applies to her sore muscles whenever she needs relief from pain.  Works great.  She also takes THC syrup at night (5 mg) for sleep.  She sleeps 7 to 9 hours.  When out with friends socializing, her nervous tremor is controlled with THC gummy, 5 mg.  Cannabis has been a blessing.  We get our CBD products online at greenforia.com.  Great products at a reasonable price.

• Becky Terrell

February 4, 2020 at 2:33 pm

I’m sorry, I don’t have any experience to share, but I am highly interested.  My Dad’s doctor told us to get CBD cream to rub on his hips and back.  But if internally would work better, I’m all for it.

From what I have read, there seems to be validity to the relief of pain when taken internally, I just don’t know anyone who has used it.

• Charles H Levin

January 26, 2023 at 2:57 pm

Hector … Where are you buying THC syrup? I’ve been trying CBD gummies (300 mg) to help me sleep a full night, but it doesn’t appear to help …

• Mary Beth Skylis

February 5, 2020 at 9:09 am

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your responses. I started wondering about sleep tinctures because I got a free sample. During one night, I took less than the recommended dose and slept through the whole night. And then on another occasion, I took a full dose and didn’t notice a significant impact on my sleep. There’s a lot of talk that says it’s hard to regulate each batch or company since it’s not federally legally. And maybe this is an example of that.

Hector, I got my Mom a hemp cream for Christmas. She suffers from arthritis and did notice a difference after using the cream.

I’m glad to hear that CBD products are helping with relief. I wonder if consistency plays a part in effectiveness?

• Sheldon Massey

February 7, 2020 at 10:07 am

I was diagnosed with PD some 4 years ago.  Having experience with hemp CBD products being used for a relatives Epilepsy and tremors I decided to try CBD.  I basically experimented with with MG dosages and settled on 1 ML of 500 mg twice a day under my tongue.  CBD has changed my life completely.  Most people with PD or without question me all the time if I really have it.  I have yet to try the THC version of CBD and doubt if I will.

• Mary Beth Skylis

February 7, 2020 at 10:10 am

Sheldon,

I’m comforted to hear you’ve seen positive results. My Dad seems to have given up on the idea of CBD. But I’m not ready to let him quit. I think there’s something to this approach.

• Olivia

March 6, 2020 at 8:11 am

I used to smoke full-blown blunts of CBD hemp I really made me feel more alive and okay with what situation I was dealing with at the time.

• Evan

January 25, 2023 at 2:31 pm

Wow, that’s really great to hear that CBD oil has been helping with your muscle soreness and tendinitis! As an athlete and rock climber, I can definitely understand how beneficial that could be.

I haven’t personally tried CBD oil yet, but I’ve heard from many people who have had positive experiences with it. It’s interesting to hear that the sales rep you spoke to mentioned it can help with Parkinson’s as well.

• Evan

January 25, 2023 at 2:51 pm

If you’re looking for a reputable source for CBD oil, I’ve heard great things about cbdauthentica.com . They independently test their products to ensure they meet strict quality standards, and provide detailed information about each product on their website. It’s worth checking them out.

Have any of you tried CBD oil? If so, in what form? And has it made a difference for you? I’m curious to hear your experiences.

• Laura Bertuccioli

January 26, 2023 at 9:54 am

My husband started using oil with CBD and THC under control of a doctor as here it is legal to prescribe it. He felt immediately better, and his hand stopped shaking.

It’s been a year, and he is very happy because he is less anxious, he sleeps through the night, and no one understands he has PD ( diagnosed 4 years ago – he is 68 ).

• Jon Busch

January 26, 2023 at 11:05 pm

I’ve tried CBD tincture – nothing. I tried a 50/50 blend which made me groggy in the morning and I still slept fitfully.

• Kim

February 1, 2023 at 12:59 am

Been trying the cream on my painful low back but don’t really notice a difference. Might try some other forms. So thanks for sharing.

• Alex

April 10, 2023 at 8:16 am

Hey there! I’m not an expert, but I’ve heard many positive things about the use of CBD oil for various health conditions, including Parkinson’s. I’m glad to hear that it’s been helping your husband! I recently stumbled upon an interesting article about an heirloom strain of CBD that is supposed to be particularly effective for pain relief. It might be worth checking out: https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/heres-what-makes-this-200-year-old-heirloom-best-cbd-for-relief.
    Of course, it’s always important to consult with a doctor before trying any new treatments. Thanks for sharing your experience with CBD oil!