New PD Forum Moderator

Hi Everyone!

My name is Mary Beth. I’m a new Forum Moderator here. My Dad was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 2013, and he and I decided we’d like to share some of his experiences on my column on Parkinsons News Today. We’ve been learning about PD-related topics together for a few months now. It seems like talking about challenges might make handling them a little easier. And I’m always interested in finding ways to alleviate some of those obstacles.

I recently wrote a piece that talked about small changes you can make to ease day-to-day challenges for PD patients. What kind of strategies do you use to combat PD symptoms like tremors and rigidity? Have you made any adjustments in your household to make living with PD easier? What is the single-most useful tip you might offer someone who’s struggling with mobility?

Responses

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Hi Mary Beth!
    I couldn’t find how to answer your reply to my comment about foot pain. I haven’t solved the problem yet. I cover up with an extra thick fleece blanket and my dog. It does subside after about an hour. My neurologist mentioned that it may be Reynaud’s Disease, but from what I’ve read today, it doesn’t have anything to do with PD. It is very common in women. Oh, boy!!

Welcome to this Forum!!!

1. Hey Laura!

Thanks so much for your response. And thank you for the kind welcome 🙂 I’m sorry to hear about your foot pain. Hopefully you’ll find some strategies to help ease it soon. It’s amazing how effective cuddling your dog can be in these situations.

1. Hi Mary Beth….I use magnesium a half hour before bed, and first thing in the morning to relieve leg and foot pain and kicking legs. Also topically I use Arnica ointment,..a little rubbed on area gives fast relief from muscle and nerve pain (commonly available Amazon wall mart drug stores).. I am also learning to use dog patches as well. DMSO is also a very effective pain reliever for surface and deep penetration through skin, muscle, ligaments, …..very potent and natural from wood pulp and it requires a necessary dive into learning how to use it properly. Google little books on Amazon kindle or other net listings. Fabulous natural substance for so many health needs. Warm kind intentions for a solution! D

2. I experience visual and auditory hallucination apparently as a result of my Meds. They have seem to gotten more frequent of late. Sometimes they cause me to take risks like climbing stairs without my spouse,being aware of it. Anyone with similar issues.

1. I have acted out some dreams, so I am concerned about the future and disease progression to hallucinations. Have you tried or investigated Dr. Dawn Bryan’s B1 Therapy?

2. Barbara, Hello. So sorry about your auditory and visual hallucinations because of your meds. I don’t know what meds you are on or how long you have had PD. My diagnosis is 8 years old and my neurologist put me on Azilect before starting me on anything else, and I believe it has been my saving grace (besides my Father in Heaven). My PD has not progressed beyond the initial shaking of my right hand. For ALL these years! Now I do have some internal struggles–chronic constipation, and stomach upset. But no auditory or visual problems. A run-through and change up of your medications may help relieve those problems? Wishing you the best of luck.

3. I doubt that your meds are causing these symptoms, your neurologist can advise you. But, remember that 80-90% of patients with PD develop such symptoms, especially in older patients. My wife had many similar symptoms that changed with time. Rivastigmine was added to her regimen but with disease- progression it is hard to judge the efficacy of this. As her caretaker, I just had to make sure that she did not do risky stuff.

1. Hi, Newbie here-my 86 year old mother has Parkinson’s and has experienced hallucinations and delirium. She’s on Seroquel for the hallucinations and the delirium. But it seems like we have to increase the dosage every couple of weeks, as the PD catches up with the dosage and the hallucinations and delirium begin again. We know when she starts seeing chickens in the yard, it’s time to contact the neurologist for an upgrade on the meds!

1. I just told my wife the term when I read it in a post earlier. I like it, think it’s cute, even affectionate. Makes me smile, not that I would use it in any derogatory sense. But then, what do I know? I make bubbles.

1. I am a Parky. My sister is not but suffers from depression. She has created a podcast and wedsite called “Giving Voice to Depression.” She has thousands of followers. People find her posts and the support group that has grown around it very helpful.

1. Hi Mary. I´m new to this forum and have unilateral PD.
          I suffer from insomnia for many years and last year I came accross with a BBC documentary where I saw a little device call Alpha Stim that is used to treat insomnia, depressiona and anxiety with very high success rate.
          I got it for my insomnia and in a matter of 2-3 weeks I stopped taking any of the medications I took for many years and sleep very well now.
          According with manufacturer it has a success rate above 80% in depression and anxiety.. maybe you could find it interetsing for your sister.
          This is a link to their web site. https://alpha-stim.com/
          Best regards.
          Roberto

3. Hi Mary Beth,

I am also the caregiver for my husband who has parkinson’s and we are looking into detoxing as well. How are you going about this and are you also looking for those same metals in your home? Also, how did you find your Natural doctor? Is he just a Naturopathic Doctor or does he also use “traditional” methods? NOT looking for more drugs that don’t work. My husband is now trying acupuncture. Also have you heard of the B1 protocol? Or Restore Gold (tablets)? Thank you!!!

1. Hi Barbara,
      Thank you for your message! My dad says that his primary care physician referred him to a holistic doctor. I know that he drinks a lot of water to help to flush his system. He also uses several different mixes (with a variety of vitamins and minerals) that he takes with an eye dropper. So far, he has told me that he thinks his sense of smell has improved. As far as I’m aware, I don’t think that he has introduced any additional drugs into his lifestyle. I, personally, don’t know about the B1 protocol or the Restore Gold tablets. Is that something that’s in the same vein of exploration?

1. My husband was told he had parkinsonism for about 6 years before he was diagnosed with Parkinson’s. He has been in rapid decline since then. We have been exposed to mold in our home and have dysautomomia which complicated the diagnosis. I would love to have him tested for mold toxicity and detox from that. The can cause the same symptoms as Parkinson’s. Unfortunately, there are no doctors with mold detoxing expertise within 500 miles of us.
        Mark has fallen 3 times since Feb this year. The first resulted in a slow brain bleed and a substantial brain surgery. He recovered fabulously, but has been in a faster cognitive decline. He broke his left hip and spent a month in hospital and care, then recently broke his right hip and is currently in skilled nursing facility.
        I have been looking for caregiver help like this. Thank you for sharing.

2. I read Dr. Bryan’s book, watched her video and chose to start the B1 100mg sublingual pills a week ago.
      Seems to be helping dispell anxiety and give me back energy, but too early, I know. Wife bought from iHerb.com; next time from Amazon.

3. Hello! Hope everything is going well for you and your husband. I am on a detox protocol that my son, his employer, and my pharmacist-coworker-researcher helped me get on. Look up God’s Herbs Heal on the net. She has a detoxifying protocol that my son’s employer has been on for nearly 2 years. His chances of survival were down to 20% because he had multiple infestations of yeast (candida) and parasites (not in the bowel but in his brain), and heavy metal poisoning that was wracking his body. (2 years is NOT typical. 3 months detox is typical) He looks 1000% better than the first time I ever saw him (2021). My son has lost 65 pounds just being on the detox protocol and avoiding processed breads. I have been on the protocol only a very short while and my mental fogginess–that “I know what word I want to say, I just can’t find it!” is fading! My internal struggles are easing up and I’m feeling a lot better with just 20 days of the detox. So if you feel that it may be beneficial to your husband, I would say Do It. Go to a reputable holistic physician or choose God’s Herbs Heal. Follow the protocol and start feeling better soon.

4. There are many things that help.

Establishing a time every day to take medication ensures the medication is always consistently at the right levels.

I noticed that when I don’t hit the time right, due to sleeping a bit later than usual, or having an appointment and I don’t have meds with me, I feel off for the rest of the day. If I hit my schedule of 3x per day at 10 am, 4pm, and 10 pm, I feel my best.

Remain stress free if possible.

I posted a lengthy reply to the latest article from Dr. C on his approach to PD. I had gone through a whopper of a time with everything from a work schedule beyond work schedules to deaths in the family. Combine it all together and I was on more and more medication with no abating of symptoms. When all that ended, I relaxed and even with a small amount of medication I don’t feel as symptomatic as I once did.

Doing what you can do and don’t push to do too much.

I found that if I push myself, it leads to fatigue. Fatigue is not being tired, it’s beyond tired requiring hours and hours of sleep and rest to recover. I’ve experienced cognitive and executive function issues when extremely fatigued and ended up putting eggs in a metal pot in the microwave instead of on the stove!

5. My wife with PD was spared the tremors and rigidity during her 25 yrs of this disease. She has become weaker over last3 years that resulted in slower walk and kyphosis. I try to encourage her to walk but have to rely on physiotherapy for her kyphosis. her taking meds on time has been the biggest problem.

6. Someone was asking about all the symptoms that go with Parkonsons. I have early.on-set and a multi-genrtational hx of Parkinsons, Lewey Body, and Alzheimers. II have GBA 4 genetic type and am positive for Alpha NuSynculein. was dx 10 years ago but had symptoms prior to that.
    Temors
    Huge startle rx
    Mild drooling
    Major temperature dysregulation
    Sweating and blood pressure issues, both low and high
    Mild memory and cognitive loss
    Major leg stiffness
    Eye issues and some retinal issues
    Flat affect and depression
    Slow movements
    Vocal slurrs, gravly voice, quiet voice
    Word finding issues
    Stiff neck
    Leg spasms, charley horses, spasticity
    Lack of sleep
    Arthritis and other joint issues
    Muscle and bone pain
    Fecal incontinence
    Clear runny nose no matter what
    Ear tube issues, tiny ears
    Hard of hearing
    Droopy eye lids ans droopy skin
    Extreme fatigue and pain. Hand writing is getting smaller
    Constant rocking or wiggling of toes/fingers.

1. Excellent list Mari. I was diagnosed with Lewy body dementia with Parkinsonism in April, but have probably had it for years. I have a lot of the symptoms you listed, but have wondered if some of the lesser known ones like – being startled easily, constant clear runny nose, constant muscle fasciculaton, nightly leg cramps, and constant clenching of fingers and toes were also symptoms. Believe it or not, knowing others have these same strange symptoms helps me accept my diagnosis.

7. My main issue is to find a way to control bedwetting. My husband floods the bed each morning or wakes me every 1.5 or 2 hours through the night to take him to the toilet. I put him in night diapers with a 4 quart capacity addon pad and he still wets through it all. I protect my bed with extra large washable pads so I prefer that he just wets so I can sleep.

He had a wicking catheter in the hospital that removed the need for diapers and kept him perfectly dry for days till it needed replacing. I wish there were something that worked as well at home.

He hates using a bedpan for passing stool and dirtying his diaper even more. He will beg me to get him to the toilet if he needs to go. He suffers from constipation and will suffer from more confusion and other PD symptoms each day he does not get relief.

I hate how PD is stealing him so fast. I had to visit a funeral home to buy a niche after he had an especially scary exhausting morning. He is currently in a skilled nursing facility after another serious fall.

I felt like I was falling apart this week. My house is a wreck since I can’t trust myself to leave the room for fear he will fall. I can’t get anything done. Then I hurt myself or damage something when I rush to do something when I find a few spare minutes. Ex: I ran over the water supply hose to our barn, then ran into our pump house knocking the roof off! No one should jump on a farm tractor while they are not 100% well and alert! I could have killed myself.

My to-do list gets longer as I take small tasks off of it as I can and try not to get distracted to accomplish the job. But Mark’s immediate needs take top priority — all else can wait. His safety is my primary concern.

1. My husband has incontinence at night too. It used to drive me crazy. Now I put washable continence pads across the bed, cover with a folded sheet to keep them from slipping around when he turns over. When the bed gets wet, I just put another continence pad on top of the wet one so he can go back to sleep without me changing the bed. It just means more laundry.
      We also have a bed rail on the side of the bed, and hang a handheld urinal there with a hand towel. He sometimes can go laying down on his side and using the urinal. Took a little practice and he doesn’t always get lined up right, but sometimes it works. He also wears a nighttime maximum diaper, and will pull the leg opening to the side to use the urinal.
      Then sometimes he just HAS to stand up to go. Clearly a “guy thing.” His bed is positioned close to a wall so we put a horizontal handicap bar on the wall for him to hold onto while standing to pee. (it’s also helpful for getting out of bed.) Of course, I am there when he gets out of bed as mobility is restricted to a few steps. He uses a wheelchair now.

2. Jean! I am so sorry! Please find some respite care as soon as possible! You need the relief and he needs to know you are still there for him. Doing it all yourself, you will burn out, you may end up falling and injuring yourself! Here are some agencies to contact: ARCHRespite.org (national) SeniorAdvisor.com nimrc.org (National Institute for Medical Respite Care). CareInHomes.com. Being unable to see your state, that is as close as I can get for you! Please check these out for the safety of both of you. God bless you.

3. Hi Jean- My wife remember a sure fix from her earlier days as a nurse- Condom Catheters and Drainage bag (not a leg bag but a regular length to the floor one. We find them on Amazon and have found 2 types that work the best.. Here is the one I recommend-https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZH30OOC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

The bags we use:
      https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BWHW5ZJ3?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

We have also just found out Medicare will cover the cost of these. You need a prescription from your physician that you can then use at a medical supply company they recommend.

This has been a true improvement in my sleep and my wife’s. It is simple to use overnight and so much safer.

8. My husband has Parkinson’s diagnosed in 2012, with DBS brain surgery in 2013 and 2014. No trembling! But lots of other stuff including swallowing, speech, continence, and mobility decline. For those who are writing about multiple falls while still using a walker, cane, or holding on to a loved one, it may be time to think about a wheelchair. One year I tracked the falls and injuries (including one ER visit right before Christmas — UGH) and with 15 falls, half with injuries of some kind, we gave up on walking any distance. It was the right thing to do. Ordered a wheelchair, and a transport wheelchair that I can lift into the back of the car. Since then we have ordered a power wheelchair with lift function which practically stands him on his feet for a transfer! It tips him back so I can do foot massages and put on shoes and socks without bending over. He can drive it himself as long as it isn’t a tight space.

9. I had read a article feom Rutgers University about the use of caffeine and Eht to protect against Parkinsons and Lewy Body Dementia. I was wondering if anyone who has heard of this and if so have you tried it. And how do you get the Eht compound from

10. I find it very hard to get my 86 year old mother to walk let alone exercise, I just don’t know how to help her. She has a form of Parkinsonism but don’t know which one.

1. There are exercises available for those of us with Parkinson’s that cannot stand very well. If she is willing, start her off with mild stretches. You can find exercises on the Parkinson’s You Tube channel. There are lots of resources there. Plus, I’m sure the Forums here has resources, too. Good Luck!

11. If she cannot walk due to arthritis, balance problems and others, these need to be addressed. If she has late stage PD, you may try physiotherapy but realise that the end may be near and would suggest letting her be. The caretakers must always keep the patients’ wishes ahead of their own.

12. This is for the folks that are taking. clonazepam .I would not take. It is highly addicted. PLEASE ask your Dr. for something else Baclofen is a good substitute if you are taking it for restlessness or cramps in your legs.
    Just do your research BEFORE you let your doctor make decisions about your health, remember. IT IS YOUR BODY, YOU and only you can control your health. There are other methods out there. Trust me I have found them

13. My wife was diagnosed with PD only 6 months ago although many of her PD symptoms existed prior to diagnosis. She’s now experiencing psychosis and confused about where she is and how many of me exist. She has begun taking Nuplazid (5 doses). I’m anxious to see if Nuplazid is as effective as advertised. Dealing with PDP is scary for her and frustrating for me. Any ideas for psychosis?

1. Hi Lep!!
      I do appreciate your anxiety. I was equally anxious and frustrated.
      My only suggestion is , if you have not seen this earlier, just google vitamin B1 Therapy. And also check the you tube for “no silver bullet” channel.
      I am sure you will find some answer and relief.
      I will pray for her recovery always.
      warmly
      tiki

14. Hi Mary Beth. I am new to the forum and just learning how to navigate. My husband was diagnosed with PD about 1.5 yrs ago. While the motor symptoms are challenging, it’s the non-motor stuff that makes life especially difficult. Recently, he has developed nausea all day. He had no appetite and feels ill after he eats. Has anyone else had this experience related to PD? If so, did you find anything to help? Thanks for any feedback.

1. Hi JoAnn, my dad is experiencing many of the same symptoms right now. He’s dropped a little bit of weight, and seems to be moving slower. One thing we’re experimenting with is the tremor spoon – the spoon that has a mechanized device inside of it to mitigate tremors while you eat. I have a theory that part of the reason why he’s dropping weight is because he needs more calories than he used to. Is that something you’ve investigated?

15. Diagnosed two years ago and still cannot bring myself to read these columns. Afraid to deal with the inevitable. This is me getting my feet wet.

1. Hi Lex- understand however knowledge is power and knowing as much as you can helps you handle this disease. It helps you have meaningful visits with your neurologist because you know what to discuss and ask for…..I was terrified- but know I read and research and I feel so much more prepared. Best of luck to you!

16. Hi all! My mother who is 89 now underwent a hemorrhagic stroke in Feb 2021. She was recovering quite well when suddenly there were changes such as she stopped walking, could not move out of her bed etc. Then she was diagnosed as having Parkinsons. And the Doctor (Neurologist) opined that the decline may slow down but will not stop.
    I was anxious and found the B1 Therapy on the net.
    Does anyone here know about it and how to go about it??
    I would love learn more.

17. Mary Beth hi! My name is Dr. David Uri from Florida and I’ve just joined the Forum. After having explored the site I am somewhat surprised that there seems to be no mention of Drs Geoffrey and Lucille Leader (from the UK) and their books on Parkinson’s Disease (PD), which are widely read and valued over here in the USA in assisting patients and doctors alike. They have written many books on the issue of PD ranging from symptom reduction, nutrition for PD patients, optimization during L Dopa therapy and handbooks for patients and doctors. It might be of advantage for your readers to check them out. Lastly their books are simply written so that laymen can read them with ease. Hope it helps PD patients in the UK. – Dr. David Uri

1. Hi Dr. Uri,
      Thanks for joining. I, myself, am not particular familiar with either Dr. Geoffrey and Lucille. Thank you for the suggestion. Do you know if there particular topics in which they excel? I’ll put them on my reading list 🙂

18. Hi Mary!!!
    I have used Magnesium (as Magnesium chloride) massage for stiffness. It helped for my mother who is 89 years old now.

1. Hi Tiki!

Yes, what a great discovery. My dad struggles with stiffness, too. And I’m trying to convince him to chat with his physician about taking a supplement. He’s almost 70. I’m glad your mother has found a bit of relief!!

19. Mary Beth, can you recommend a practioner who would monitor one’s detoxing. What were the specifics with which our Dad started? I looked up God’s Healing Herbs and found books and also a set of herbs to start a protocol. Are you familiar with what several participants mentioned? What would be the best way to begin detoxing. We live in Pittsbugh, PA Thank you

1. Hi Mary, thanks for your message. I believe my dad’s primary care physician made a recommendation for him (he’s in Michigan). I’m not familiar with the specifics of his regimen, but I bet that a holistic doc would be 🙂

As for me, I’m not familiar with God’s Healing Herbs in particular but I do consider my self to be a bit of an herbalist. I see why that might be a popular concept.

20. My wife who has PD has been experiencing hallucinations and delusions. It seemed to start with auditory hallucinations and progressed to visual. She takes Rytary and was taking 3 doses daily. She tired Nuplazid with very limited success. Under her Dr’s direction we are reducing her Rytary to twice daily. I must say she is only slightly better but regresses when under any level of stress. The hallucinations represent as unknown people in our home, car and on the patio. No manner of conversation will convince her that it is not true. She also thinks I am somehow coordinating the activity of these people. It is difficult to try and explain that we have two different realities and she can trust me. You would think this would be easy after being married for over 40 years. Any suggestions are welcomed.

21. I honestly thought that PT for PD was a very superficial fix that only worked for a short time and then the PD returned and a new bout of superficial PD and on and on. I went thru this routine at least 5 times and each time I had the same results. The 6th time PT was suggested for me I agreed to do it because I thought I would make the very nice, very competent, very knowledgeable Resident who saw me as part of her training disappointed with her Professional Abilities if I didn’t do it.

However she set me on a new to me PT program called BIG STEP PT, for Patients diagnosed with PD for several years that has been working wonders for me. Absolute wonders. It is not an easy PT to go through and I have to go for an hour session each day for 4 days a week for 4 weeks with follow up PT sessions for a week period well into the foreseeable future. I don’t know if this program is for everybody but you can make that decision. It is working for me.

22. I guess my response to anyone who asks me “what is a compassionate caregiver?” has to be that there is no one answer to that question because what I find compassionate may and probably is totally different than what someone else finds compassionate. I do know I want a care giver who cares about me, listen to me without making judgements based on their prejudices about what I’m saying and who follows up with their promises to me.

I’ve learned to live without asking for much and doing what I can instead of having someone do it for me so I don’t ask my care giver, my wife, for much. One thing we learned was there are a ton of support a PD Patient can get if they seek it out. My wife found a support group, with several members who my wife now plays mahjong with and who come over to our condo every Friday and play and drink wine and solve all the ills that exist in this world in 4 or 5 hours. She needs that and she found it because she went looking for a PD caregiver support group.

So what is a good compassionate caregiver for a PD Patient? I guess the answer to that one is the person you think is a good compassionate caregiver.

23. The single most useful modality for someone who’s struggling with mobility is Physiotherapy, preferably from one who is experienced in treating patients with P.D. This will reduce or prevent falling, increase muscle tone and strength, and improve his morale.

24. Add debilitating vertigo, dizziness, tightened throat, gagging feeling, nauseous feeling, labored breathing, loss of voice due to need to increase L/C dosage to address ever increasing, extreme dystonic contorted leg pain and burning, dystonic contorted toe pain, burning, and numbness, and SI-Joint pain. Botox shots in the toes and leg no longer work. Had to reduce L/C dosage increase because it’s poisoning effects of severe vertigo, dizziness, etc. Pain is agonizing, so trying to get appointment for nerve ablation evaluation. Called on December 13th. Earliest appointment I could get for eval is Feb 22nd. Usually don’t sleep more than 4 hours per night, sometimes no sleep, one-time awake 60 hours straight. Cognition still good, so considering DBS, but read that can cause dizziness as well. Never thought I would say it, but reaching my limits.

25. I am replying in relation to the question about moving house. It is a hard decision. My husband has P’s for 6 yrs and O’s dependent dementia for about 3 of these. We love to stay where we are cos he does not fall and is good physically. But a friend who has a rapidly progressing version did move straight away from an upstairs house to another suburb with single story as he falls a lot. They introduced themselves to neighbours straight away. This was good cos within a week the wife had to run to a neigbour and ask for help when he fell. So – it is best to think about this and get your mind ready for moving house to a single story place over time . We still wish to stay in the same place as we have a single story home and we have v good neighbours.

26. Mary Beth,
    Patients pass away and their valuable stuff like boxing gloves, walkers, and wheelchairs are ? discarded. If there was a place where these can be donated, it might help those who may not be able to buy these.

1. Hi Fakhihuddin, thank you for your message. What a great question. I would be willing to bet that organizations like Rocky Steady Boxing will take some of those items (if not all). A lot of organizations like Michael J Fox, take monetary donations but I’m less familiar with their policies regarding hard goods. I do know that locally, the Parkinsons Association of the Rockies takes those type of donations and uses them in their loan program.

27. Apathy, depression, and anxiety can become big problems with Parkinson’s. So I agree with other responders seeing a doctor is a good first step. I’d like to suggest a website Power for Parkinson’s it is an exercise program for people with Parkinson’s. All the exercises are geared for different levels standing to sitting. Excercise has been shown to boost your mood and slow down the progression of the disease. Now I’m sure this is going to be a hard sell at first. But if I could suggest you doing the exercises seated by his bedside he might just want to participate eventually. If nothing else you might find the workouts more challenging than you would think and it is good excercise. If you just go to you tube and type in Power for Parkinson’s a bunch of classes will pop up. I enjoy the move and shout classes with Lauren. If you go to their website they also have forums and zoom talks for caregivers. Check it out. Best of luck.

28. My wife was diagnosed with Parkinson’s some 3-4 yers ago (she is now 51; a scary road ahead of us). We are currently in the market for a master bed that would ideally be a good fit for a Parkinson’s patient.
    Between her back pains, etc. – we are thinking a firm mattress, but is there any advice out there? TY

29. Zhittya regenerative medicine is doing medical research trial with Fgf 1 It is nasally squirted into nose I have been on the trial for 12 months and is helping me with cognitive Totally off all other meds you can go to you tube to see more info

30. I can’t really say that I am excited about any particular study concerning Parkinson’s Disease, but I can make a suggestion for one. I would like to see a study of how service dogs can help Parkinson’s Disease patients. I found one article when I was looking for something else but I can’t find it now. It concluded that a dog did not help much, but I believe they used an inferior harness for the dog. I have modified my dog’s harness so that she pulls me in such a way as to trigger my necessity to walk forward with a much more steady, confident gait.

31. I have been reading a lot about stem cells – animals and humans. I am studying using mesenchymal cord/Wharton’s Jelly into brain through sphenocath. I have articles on use of stem cells for humans. I moderator send email I can forward.
    Ed

32. Hi Mary.
    I was diagnosed with unilateral kinetic ascendant PD last year although symptoms started about 3 years ago.
    I´ve been taking physical therapy with a therapist specialized in PD and this is the best thing I can recommend to help to ease the stiffness and pain.
    Roberto

33. Hello,
    I use HIIT exercise twice a week and three hours of weights to keep it all at bay. It definitely makes mega difference to how I feel. I’m into year 5 and so far it tag’s along but doesn’t get in the way too much
    I’m Paul David so have the PD since birth, positive mental approach is everything. Cry on your own, don’t let it overwhelm you. I had cancer in 2018 and it’s returned so just another fight to be had. What was the latin thing… ne illigitimi carborundum or thereabouts.

34. I’m 5 weeks into red light infrared treatment feeling better cognitively so early days All lights nz has better prices than symbix and the lights give out the same nano meters of light

35. Hello, I am a keen user of the Symbx system and have had help from it for 2 years; significantly better sleep, less Brain fog from the helmet, and significant improvement in constipation – go for it, it doesn’t take much effort, and I do the helmet on the way driving to work ( get a few funny looks but who cares)