Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Ally
      Keymaster

What do you think is at the root of your Parkinson’s diagnosis? Did you work in a profession or live in an area that may have contributed to its onset? Is it hereditary? 

Anonymous
      Inactive

I was diagnosed with PD 7 months after the suicide of my life partner.  More than one neurologist I have spoken to agrees with me in that any type of severe trauma (emotional or physical) can trigger the disease. One friend of mine diagnosed with PD before me, had an extremelt difficult first pregnancy. Another friend diagnosed before me was attacked by a man who broke  into her aprtment and beat her up.

Ally
        Keymaster

Hi Jean, thank you for sharing these points. We as a society are learning more and more each year about the very real and impactful connection between physical and mental health. Thank you for illuminating another one of these connections as relates to PD. <3

I have not heard of this thought but I do know for positive that two years after my diagnosis my husband died. Then having to get house ready for sell and then moving my disease took an upward turn and by 5 yrs after diagnosis I had a DBS surgery. And 2yrs later I moved to a long term care facility.

Ally
          Keymaster

Debbie, thank you for sharing your experience. All of that sounds incredibly difficult. How are you doing now?

nancy
        Participant

I was diagnosed with PD one month after my mother passed away.  If the trauma of losing my mother wasn’t bad enough, I had to endure the wrath of my sisters who refused to help take care of mom but they sure had their hand out when it was time to collect their share of the estate.

Ally
          Keymaster

Nancy, I’m so sorry that you had this experience. I hope that your mother’s estate has been settled and you have had some reprieve. How are you doing now?

Patricia Conner
      Participant

2015 i fell on my back. Major operation with cervical one Dr said my adrenal glands -,salt, was injured. 6 years later i got Parkinson symptoms and tremors and then fainted. I had addison and almost died. My tremurs stopped . K walked better. I learned that dopamine used these glands to get gut dopomine to the brain. I have gait problems only. I am European and international lawyer. I fitmly
      believe that the non motor dymptond side effects that we have to deal with. But dopamine can not go to the brain by blood. It is why we have l_dops. But we know it used the adrenal glands to get dopamine to the head. I, a sceptic french think because of the accudent, then parkinsoni and then Addison have a flow connection as the normal dopamine
      Was slowed down by the Addison gland. I take one tablet per day for Addison. I have no dark skin. But the Parkinson advance
      symptoms are faster as the gland can only work max 10 years on fabricated salt. I believe that there is an active relationship between the adrenal gland injury and Pd. This comes from a fact only believer. But it sounds logicsl and i feel it.

Ally
        Keymaster

Patricia, thank you for sharing your experience. You shared an interesting comment about adrenal injury. What does your doctor think?

Ravindra Kango
      Participant

I worked on accounting job for 20 years in a chemical  company in India that  was manufacturing dyes and related highly poisonous chemicals. Although my job did not include direct handling those chemicals, but there was 9 x 5 = 45 hours exposure to the air pollution prevailing in the nearby area. I believe this exposure was the root cause which manifested as PD 12 years after leaving that job. Exposure to toxic chemicals through air, water, food and especially plastic is globally considered to be a potential cause for PD.

Then I moved several miles away in IT industry for 15 years where I used to work in a very clean, airconditioned premises but the job demanded high amount of work pressure affecting mental health. I believe changing to a stressful job and previous history of chemical exposure accelerated onset of what is known as young Parkinsinsm when I was 54.

Ally
        Keymaster

Ravindra, thank you for sharing. I’m noticing a trend with these replies, from you and others on this discussion topic… stress may be a huge contributing factor. The literally toxic environment you worked in surely can’t have helped matters either.

Patricia Conner
        Participant

As my case follows a path of logic, they believed it. I am not lacking dopamine but i am lacking the transmission from gut to brain via Addison ?? gland. In France, where i am from, they are watching accidents one of possible cause/,effect. Slow working results of dopamine is the general reason for Parkinson and accidents vary the. Effects and speed for not only Parkinson but other problems. So they are very interested.

Ally
          Keymaster

Thank you for responding, Patricia. Are you interested in being part of any research into this idea?

Ken Aidekman
      Participant

I believe my Parkinson’s was a combination of genetic and environmental factors. My father and grandfather had it. So it likely has a genetic component. No one else on my father’s side had it though one of my Dad’s brothers and his sister had Alzheimer’s.

The environmental part is a big question mark. My father grew up on his father’s dairy farm with well water and I’ve lived in two houses over the last 25 years with well water. I wouldn’t be surprised if the air pollution in New Jersey had a contributing effect. Thankfully, that’s been reduced.

As a kid I loved building model cars which included spray painting them in the basement with no windows open. I was exposed to DDT spraying on occasion. I’ve also enjoyed time outdoors in the summer but am sensitive to topical chemicals. I sprayed myself regularly to keep from getting bitten by mosquitoes and horse flies.

Sometimes I think that our environment is so filled with artificial toxic compounds that we can’t help but be exposed to something that triggers PD eventually. If only I hadn’t breathed or eaten over the last 60 years! We live in a dangerous world. I consider myself lucky to have made it this far.

Ally
        Keymaster

Hi Ken, thank you for sharing your experience. I think you make a very good point about the overall environment of our modern world. I wonder what people 50-100 years from now will think of how we lived!

Gauri
        Participant

Let me share with you my experience after both the delivery. I gave birth to the first child when I was 26 and second child when I was 32. After both delivery I experienced hyperlactation. After the first delivery due to lack of access to Medical Services and appropriate drugs to treat hyperlatation and since the situation was going out of control and I was profusely lactating I had to gradually stop feeding the baby. Hyperlactation was extremely painful and caused me tremendous inconvenience although I pumped Bottles And bottles of milk and supplied. Exactly the same story repeated after the second delivery. But I got some medicine to treat the hyperlactation. I had suffered from high fever and was on antibiotics for 10 days.
        Hyperlactation is a outcome of lack of secretion of chemicals from the brain and this proves the root cause of cells creating dopamine to die. I went on a diet and reduced substantial fact prior to being diagnose with parkinson.
        While I had reduce substantial weight and fat one fine day I found my neck stiff my hands fingers frozen and my walking was affected.
        For very long time I ignored these symptoms. One day when I went to see a Neurologist he wrote on a piece of paper after examining for 10 min; to have been diagnosed with Parkinson. I was 41 years old then.

Diana
      Participant

I’ve read that allergies do not cause Parkinsons..but we moved out west where I have strong allergies to sage; juniper; western wheat. After living in fields of this stuff , chronically dealing with inflammation of severe allergies, 8 yrs later signs of Parkinsons.
      Getting allergy shots. My symptoms are much better when the inflammatory response of allergies are decreased

Ally
        Keymaster

Diana, I hadn’t heard about the potential connection between PD and allergies. Thank you for sharing. Have you talked to your doctor about this?

Dave Berry
      Participant

I don’t have any of the known genetic links to PD.  When I was 2 my mother treated the yard with 2-4-D to kill dandelions.  My brother and I were in the yard and I turned blue and was taken to the ER.  I have always been highly sensitive and grew up on a farm with lots of sprays and chemicals in the air (but not paraquat).

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Verify you are not a robot