Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Nancy Crockett
      Participant

Is anyone on the forum living with both RA and Parkinson’s?

How do you manage getting the amount of exercise that is recommended for Parkinson’s?  I can’t do half of what is recommended without exhausting myself and exhaustion makes everything worse.

AK Jones
      Participant

I have both RA and Parkinson, I can not function without starting the day leg exercise  and hand exercises.   I really don’t know what is recommended, I rely on the exercises recommended by Physical therapist and OP.

Marie
        Participant

I was wondering, AK, was your RA diagnosed after your Parkinson’s? My husband’s joints hurt worse than ever, and he just has a lot of pain.. he saw one rheumatologist, who told him he didn’t have RA. But I am wondering if he should see a different doctor.

twok
          Participant

Osteoarthritis can be very painful, too!

Alan Berry
      Participant

I have had rheumatoid arthritis for around 20 years or more. Early on my medication were such that one was primarily treatment for cancer and the other had disturbing side effects. But throughout the arthritis my pain has been well controlled. Now I am on methotrexate alone. Dose-age changes according to pain level but overall it is well managed. I am in the early days of Parkinson’s and not on medication for it. But my total pain level has not increased and I remain capable of walking, my primary exercise.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account