Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Parkinson’s and Rheumatoid Arthritis

• ak-jones

October 21, 2021 at 2:15 pm

I have both RA and Parkinson, I can not function without starting the day leg exercise  and hand exercises.   I really don’t know what is recommended, I rely on the exercises recommended by Physical therapist and OP.

• dtm23020optonline-net

October 21, 2021 at 9:41 pm

I was wondering, AK, was your RA diagnosed after your Parkinson’s? My husband’s joints hurt worse than ever, and he just has a lot of pain.. he saw one rheumatologist, who told him he didn’t have RA. But I am wondering if he should see a different doctor.

• twok

October 26, 2021 at 4:18 pm

Osteoarthritis can be very painful, too!

• alan-berry

October 26, 2021 at 11:25 am

I have had rheumatoid arthritis for around 20 years or more. Early on my medication were such that one was primarily treatment for cancer and the other had disturbing side effects. But throughout the arthritis my pain has been well controlled. Now I am on methotrexate alone. Dose-age changes according to pain level but overall it is well managed. I am in the early days of Parkinson’s and not on medication for it. But my total pain level has not increased and I remain capable of walking, my primary exercise.