Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Ron B
      Participant

Has anyone had any benefit from Naturopathic supplements?  Are there any supplements that are safe to use along with C/L?  Are there any supplements that prolong the use of Levodopa?

Thank you

Clive Varejes
      Participant

Hi Ron,

Right up front I am not a doctor, or a health care professional in any way.

I have counseled for suicides anonimous and life line, and I do understand the enormous placebo effects that suppliments or other agents, if trusted, can and do have on one.

Naturopathic suppliments comprise of a myriad different ‘natural remedies’.  I would suppose solutions that contain the normal vitamins etc cannot do any harm, and of course may, in instances help.

The one thing I am totally against, and I can already hear the roar of disapproval from others, is homeopathy. I honestly and truly believe it is simply “snake oil”, that claims to cure anything that you can think of.

Homeopaths believe that the lower the dose, the more powerful the medicine. In fact, many of these remedies no longer contain any molecules of the original substance. They claim that water has a memory and that is why total dilution is acceptable.

Janet LeBlanc
        Participant

I was diagnosed in April 2008. The use of supplements and alternative treatments has allowed me to live without meds so far. One of the most helpful treatments I receive (once a week) is the Patricia Kane protocol which involves receiving 3 IV PUSHES – one each of FOLIC ACID, PHOSPHODITYL Choline (sp?)and GLUTATHIONE (sp?). In addition, I take supplements from CHK Nutrtion. My main symptom has been right Arm and leg tremor. Until Covid I was relatively stable, then the clinic where I receive the IV pushes was shut down for6 or 7 weeks. Symptoms increased some at that time. I remain on the PK PROTOCOL and CHK Nutrition supplements and feel I’m better off avoiding the meds for now. Downside – cost these treatments are rather expensive and not covered by any insurance.

Janet LeBlanc
          Participant

BTW I HAVE NO MEDICAL TRAINING AND DID. MY OWN RESEAARCH. SOMEONE ELSE MAY NOT respond.

Ron B
          Participant

Thank you Janet.  Happy to hear you are managing PD well without traditional meds.  I am assuming you have a mild case?  I haven’t heard of the Patricia Kane protocol, but I have heard of Dr. Constantini’s B1 protocol.

My main symptom is left arm, hand & finger tremor.  I am walking normally but my left leg feels just slightly heavier, and I don’t sleep well.  I am currently doing an IV twice per week, as well as natural supplements.

3500mg Glutathione, 500mg Magnesium, 100mg B1 (Thiamine), 1 mg B12 [IV]

Clive Varejes
      Participant

Sorry my spelling is disgusting:

Suicides Anonymous………

Bruce Van Camp
      Participant

I see a Naturapath Dr who specializes in Parkinsons. She’s experienced, competent and pragmatic with lots of useful information. Her name is Dr Laurie Mischley. Her practice is in Seattle under the name Seattle Integrative Medicine. You might want to check out her web site under the same name.

Paula H
        Participant

Yes, I have heard very good things about Dr. Mischley.  I know someone that has worked with Dr. Mischley and it has helped their PD.   I have also heard her talk on a virtual during COVID.  She really knows her stuff

Ron B
      Participant

Thanks Bruce.  Have you had any luck with the Naturopathic doctor?

What supplements did she recommend?

Bruce Van Camp
      Participant

Yes, Ron, her info has been a help. She takes a comprehensive view. After doing a blood and hair follicle lab test she recommended some supplements. Those being D-3, C, B-12, fish oil and oral glutathione.

Linda
      Participant

I am scheduled for a virtual visit with her in a couple of weeks.  I am anxious to see what she suggests.

Bruce Van Camp
        Participant

Great Linda. I think you’ll he to be a good source of help and information.

Jody Kearns
        Participant

Hi Linda would you mind sharing your experience with this doctor

are you going to see her on  a video visit
        does your insurance cover it I am considering talking to her

Any information you would be willing to share would be appreciated

Thanks

Marlo Kimmel
      Participant

We have a integrative dr. He uses alternative and prescription meds. My husband had terrible night terrors including hitting me. It was terrible. He likes to try alternative when possible then move to prescribe drugs if that does not work. After 2 years of horrible night terrors and me wondering if I was going to get hurt at night, he never remembered if it happened, he put him on 2 well researched supplements; taurine and Gaba Calm. From the first night and to the present day 3 1/2 years later he has been nightmare free and I can sleep without worry. Recently he had a bad fall and had to go in to the hospital. They would not allow me to give him these two supplements, wouldn’t even let me have them in the hospital. His nightmares started back up again and continued until he came home and I could put him back onto the supplements. He suffered horribly during that period of time with the worst nightmares he’s ever had in his life he said. We will never be without these supplements. I like the GABA Calm myself it is wonderful for anxiety. You can buy them off Amazon they are not expensive. In the hospital he was put on a drug for the nightmares didn’t help one bit. Actually made them worse.

Ron B
        Participant

Thank you Marlo

Gwendoline Jakins
        Participant

My husband’s neurologist says PD patients don’t do well in hospitals. We have had mixed experiences in that regard. When he (Alan) was in one of our major hospitals, the doctor bent over backwards to get his supplements into the system. It was the doctor, not the hospital, though. At that stage, I was taking him in an iced coffee with his mannitol in it. I wasn’t going to ask. When I did mention it to this doctor, I found out that mannitol is still used in hospitals for brain injuries, it’s not just a diabetic sweetener!

On his next visit to hospital, I just took the supplements in and gave them to him. I wasn’t going to test the system…naughty girl😆

Gwendoline

Richard
      Participant

I agree with the recommendations to check out Doctor Laurie Mischley’s clinic. I chose to work with her remotely because I became aware of just how good a natural doctor she is. I’d rather have a Zoom appointment with her than have an in person visit with any local natural doctor. She treats each patient as an individual, looking for potential deficiencies that should be addressed with nutrition, supplements, exercise and life style adjustments. She also has collected data on over 2,500 people with Parkinson’s, to correlate PD symptom progression with individual nutrition, supplement and exercise choices and she has consistently shown a correlation between personal choices and PD symptom progression rates. This is a huge step above so many others who base their recommendations on the literature and theory, with very little supporting data.  So, yes, there is data that shows that some supplements and food groups are associated with slower progression of PD symptoms. Check out her webpage; https://lauriemischley.com/ and check out her online class (a link on her webpage). In that class, she covers my brief summary above, in much greater detail. I had the same question that you have, a few years back and I chose to proceed with Doctor Laurie’s data driven approach.

Clive Varejes
      Participant

Thank you Richard, it certainly seems as if she is really one of the unfortunately too few genuine doctors who actually do their research and act in the best interests of the patients.

Patricia Conner
      Participant

I am French so we do not see this as much different than what you need as you age. .  I take tumeric, lions mane and other mushrooms, vitamins like d and b 6,12.   and others BEFORE  and now with parkinson.  It helps me feel normal.  I do take 250  c/l and cut it in half.  I take the larger part in the morning as i need less for sleeping.  I do excercise but similar to what I did before.  You have to walk in Paris no matter what.   The only real difference is constipation medicine AND anti depressent  which the mushrooms solve.  I also learnt another language for my cognitive and do strength for voice.   In Europe, we learn languages but it is especially good for Parkinson as you speak out loud and use your hands. Grammar, you can make mistakes as not for a job.   We stress INtent.  I have been lucky as getting older and Parkinson need similar attitudes, vitamins, efforts as aging.  But medicinal mushrooms drops seem to have mafe s big difference.  Also fresh food and a small glass of wine and people watching in  cafe with friends.  Patricia

Patricia Conner
      Participant

I am French so we do not see this as much different than what you need as you age. .  I take tumeric, lions mane and other mushrooms, vitamins like d and b 6,12.   and others BEFORE  and now with parkinson.  It helps me feel normal.  I do take 250  c/l and cut it in half.  I take the larger part in the morning as i need less for sleeping.  I do excercise but similar to what I did before.  You have to walk in Paris no matter what.   The only real difference is constipation medicine AND anti depressent  which the mushrooms solve.  I also learnt another language for my cognitive and do strength for voice.   In Europe, we learn languages but it is especially good for Parkinson as you speak out loud and use your hands. Grammar, you can make mistakes as not for a job.   We stress INtent.  I have been lucky as getting older and Parkinson need similar attitudes, vitamins, efforts as aging.  But medicinal mushrooms drops seem to have mafe s big difference.  Also fresh food and a small glass of wine and people watching in  cafe with friends.  Patricia

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account