This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jean Mellano 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     Jean Mellano 
    Keymaster

I have not yet looked into medical cannabis as an option, mainly for 2 reasons.  First, I live in NY which has additional requirements for doctors to prescribe for PD ; patient must have at least one associated condition — extreme malnutrition, severe or chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures, or severe or persistent muscle spasms.  None of these apply to me.  Also, I have heard it is most helpful for tremors which I currently do not have.    Have you tried medical marijuana and has it helped you?  If so, which symptoms?

William 
    Participant

I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain from http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/blackberry-kush/ . Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don’t even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy.

Jean Mellano 
    Keymaster

Thank you William for sharing your thoughts.  My experience with marijuana was in high school, I smoked, I laughed, I got hungry, I fell asleep. LOL

calumhagget 
    Participant

It’s seems like the funniest experience you have , medical marijuana is not beneficial for the teenagers that’s why doctors prescription is necessary before using it for your own.

Jean Mellano 
      Keymaster

Calumhagget, makes sense to me….

samantha 
    Participant

If you take a small dose of medical cannabis at night, you’ll sleep through the high from the THC. But always take a little less than needed to see how it works and add more as you get an understand of how the medicine works with you. It’s an individual thing. Everyone has a different tolerance. More here https://www.ncsm.nl/strain/high-cbd-low-thc-strains-list

Jean Mellano 
      Keymaster

Thank you for sharing Samantha.  

These forums do not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this forum. The intention  of these forums is to spark discussion about issues pertaining to Parkinson’s disease.

Boswell 
    Participant

Hello,

I have tried medical cannabis and it has helped manage the dyskinesia as well as my appetite and my pain levels are lowered because of this wonderful medicine. From what I have gathered from my use of medical cannabis is that THC is a very important component in managing Parkinson’s as it activates CB1 and CB2 receptors which affect the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerve. These three symptoms if alleviated from the disease can increase the quality of life for anyone dealing with a central nervous system disease. This is something I love talking about, I love sharing my experience, and the little knowledge that I have come into from talking to Lee at King Harvest.

Jean Mellano 
    Keymaster

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.  It can give people hope.  Do you experience bradykinesia, poor fine motor skills , balance and/or fatigue?  If so, has it helped those symptoms for you?

Boswell 
      Participant

So I think that a sativa strain is what will help with movement and mobility. The Uplift tincture that I use is great for fatigue and improve motor skills. Sativa is an energy inhibitor. Using this with CBD has been the best combination.

Jean Mellano 
        Keymaster

Boswell, that is interesting, I will check with my CBD supplier about this.  Are you talking about CBD oil or medical cannabis?  I believe CBD has THC removed.

Boswell 
        Participant

Hi Jean and good morning. I hope you had a nice weekend! I was busy with work and needed to catch up on some sleep. So CBD is a cannabinoid that is found in cannabis. Cannabis is hemp or marijuana. You can extract CBD and isolate the compound which a lot of companies are choosing to do so. However, I think that if you only use part of the plant then you are not going to achieve the maximum health benefit. I think hemp is great for manufacturing good, providing dietary supplements, and useful as over the counter medicines can be used. In my opinion I believe that the real medical benefit comes from marijuana. Which brings me to smoking. Smoking I think is a thing of the past and I think that in order to have real positive results oils or tinctures are healthier. The link I wanted to post was about medical cannabis I don’t consider it advertisement and the language is appropriate with no use of profanity.

Boswell 
    Participant

Am I allowed to post videos from youtube here?

Jean Mellano 
      Keymaster

It depends, it cannot be an advertisement for a product or practioner and cannot contain profanity.   Typically, I moderate each response so I would make an assessment as to whether or not it should be approved

Jean Mellano 
      Keymaster

It depends, it cannot be an advertisement for a product or practioner and cannot contain profanity.   Typically, I moderate each response so I would make an assessment as to whether or not it should be approved

Jean Mellano 
      Keymaster

Boswell

feel free to post the link.

Since i I live in ny , it has very strict requirements for prescribingmarijuana for Pd.  Plus, I am not so sure it would be a good fit for my symptoms 🙁

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account