Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s How do you feel about Telehealth appointments?

• How do you feel about Telehealth appointments?

Posted by mary-beth-skylis on March 13, 2023 at 11:49 am

Since the pandemic, it’s become really easy to access telehealth appointments. This means that you don’t have to go into the doctor’s office to ask your questions and get your needs met every time. I, personally, love this adjustment. But I know that others don’t necessarily feel the same way. 

How do you feel about telehealth appointments?

Jon Busch replied 11 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • john-citron

March 16, 2023 at 2:20 pm

I have mixed feelings about Telehealth. While they are convenient, meaning I don’t need to drive to my appointments in bad weather and fight the awful traffic on the way home for one, and secondly being at home they allow me to keep an eye on my elderly father who has some age-related medical issues of his own, I feel there’s a gap in the medical care.

Being in the office with the doctor, the conversations are more interactive and flowing, and she or he can observe us and check for cogwheeling and other symptoms which are impossible to do so via Telehealth.

Recently, I had two appointments via Telehealth and my doctor said afterwards that she wants the upcoming appointment to be in her office at the clinic rather than via computer or phone, and I am looking forward to this appointment.

• jeffery-hill

April 1, 2023 at 10:40 am

I agree with John.  I feel the neurologist can make much better assessments face to face.  I’m on a 6 month appointment cycle, and it works out that we’re doing 50% fact to face and the rest remote.  This is working fine for me.

• Karla Burkhart

April 4, 2023 at 5:40 pm

They are better than nothing but just barely. Plus, I get charged for them the same.

• barbara-ford

April 10, 2023 at 6:18 pm

I love them!

• Jon Busch

April 11, 2023 at 10:15 pm

I live in a small town. There are two neurologists nearby. The one I currently go to hawn”t ween me in years – I’m shunted off to her assistant. I recently contacted the other one. I have an appointment for August 4 (today is il 11!!). My neurologist PA gave me a referral to the nearest Movement Disorders Clinic – a mere 3 hour drive. I am single but don’t trust myself on that long a drive. I would love Telehealth. Dyskenesia is interfering with my life. Has anyone used Telehealth for this?