• Posted by Deleted User on October 25, 2018 at 9:51 am

I have never gotten a flu shot in the past and I am even more hesitant now that I have PD.  It seems the slightest thing will exacerbate my symptoms and I worry about the impact of a flu shot on my PD.  I have heard it can give you a slight cold, however, when I had a cold last winter, I felt horrible.  Have you gotten a flu shot?  If so, how did it impact you?  If not, why did you not get a flu shot?

Beth T Browne replied 2 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Marlyne Wilder

October 24, 2021 at 10:42 pm

I get a flu shot every September, with no side effects or colds.  I’ve noticed no changes to my Parkinson’s symptoms after getting the shot.

• Ann Marie

October 26, 2021 at 3:22 pm

I get the flu shot every year.

• Thomas Rutschman

October 26, 2021 at 11:42 am

I get a flu shot every year and have had no side effects at all, despite having Parkinson’s.

• Jo S.

October 26, 2021 at 3:14 pm

I get a flu shot annually. I’m now get the stronger one for people over 65.  Even with that one, I’ve never had a problem or reaction of any kind.

• Beth T Browne

October 26, 2021 at 5:19 pm

I have gotten flu shots since the beginning of flu shots.  I have never been sick from getting a flu shot, and I don’t believe they make you sick, unless you are already sick, or at the beginning of getting sick.  I have Parkinson’s, and I got my shot about three weeks ago.  I did not even have a sore arm, but it was red where the shot was given.