Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jean Mellano
      Participant

My personal opinion is no.  There is too much money to be lost by the pharmaceuticals.  Right now, since most people with PD are on daily medications for the rest of their lives, there a large revenue stream feeding big Pharma.  If a cure is found, most likely it would be a one- shot revenue boost from each PD patient to whatever company found the cure and the monthly revenues the pharmaceutical companies are currently receiving for all the PD medications would dry up.

What do you think?

Jean Mellano
      Participant

Thank you Frank for your response.

Paul D Lefebvre
      Participant

I think the answer to this question depends on: 1) what you think the cause of PD is, and, 2) one’s cynicism, and, 3) one’s economic theory.

Given how complicated is the question of cause, I believe it may easily -if ever- be more than ten years before that question is answered. And it seems likely to me that PD is one of those conditions that cannot be “cured”. Ever.

As for cynicism, our experience with the Big Pharma shows us that humankind needs law and order leverage     -dependent societal support- to get Pharma to do the right thing.

The economic theory in place now supports the owner making as much money as they can; buyer beware.

It would be quite a political battle to off-set the cynicism, much less the economic order.

Jean Mellano
        Participant

Paul, thank you for your well thought out response.   I am the biggest cynic when it comes to Big Pharma (can you tell? :-)).  I do think you have summarized this well.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account