Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Using Our Forums Do you have any questions about the forums?

• Do you have any questions about the forums?

Posted by Ally on December 30, 2018 at 7:58 pm

As the year winds down, it’s a good time to reflect on the ways we can better use these forums to serve people with Parkinson’s. Do you have any questions or suggestions for Jean, me and our team to help us improve your experience with these forums?

Michel replied 2 years, 7 months ago 13 Members · 28 Replies
  • 28 Replies
  • Lou Hevly

March 4, 2019 at 2:46 pm

Upon logging in, where do I go to find out if anyone has posted further comments to a forum I’ve posted to?

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    March 4, 2019 at 3:27 pm

Lou, your best bet is to clik the box (after you respond) next to : “Notify me of follow-up replies via email”.

Or, you can:

1. clik on your Profile on the right side

2.  Then clik on NOTIFICATIONS

Or, you can:

1. clik on your Profile on the right side

2. Make sure on next screen that SHOW pull down box has EVERYTHING

3. clik on ACTIVITY and you will see posts

4.  then you can clik on the topic.

LMK if this helps

• Lou Hevly

March 5, 2019 at 6:09 am

«1. clik on your Profile on the right side

2. Then clik on NOTIFICATIONS»

Doing this I get the “mindfulness” posting reference, but not this one (questions about forums) nor any of the others. Clicking the Activity button does work!

Thanks!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      March 5, 2019 at 6:21 am

thanks for the feedback Lou, WordPress can be quirky and it is not always intuitive.  sometimes i wonder if it is WordPress or am i starting to lose my cognitive abilities LOL

i think it is also important to clik the “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” box.

• Lou Hevly

March 5, 2019 at 6:47 am

@Jean: “i think it is also important to clik the “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” box.”

Good idea!

• John McInerney

June 12, 2019 at 11:24 am

I have tried to post a comment on the drug I am taking but it keeps implying that ‘Madopar’ is an inappropriate word and won’t accept my post!!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      June 12, 2019 at 3:23 pm

hi john, what post were u trying to respond with Madopar in the text?  could you try it again and use single quotes around ‘Madopar’?   do

you know how to do a screenshot?

• Toni Shapiro

January 2, 2020 at 10:37 am

<p style=”text-align: center;”> Hi Ally, Yes, I have had 3 of my posts held up for moderation.  I don’t understand and I have no idea why this happens.  It’s very frustrating.</p>

• Toni Shapiro

February 7, 2020 at 7:57 pm

Hello,

I was under the impression that our posts were private in the sense that it was open only to log in members.  I just googled “mini exercise bikes and PD” as suggested in the forum in response to my post asking if anyone had experience with a mini exercise bike and to my shock my exact post was on the google page with ads for mini bikes for anyone to see.  My full name was included.  Is this normal practice? Do our actual posts come up on google under the Parkinsons Today News Forum? Is the Forum aware of this?

Thank you

• fakhiuddin ahmed

July 4, 2020 at 2:39 pm

Please encourage folks to send follow up research projects they have come across. Curing PD in mouse models is exciting but any follow up data on how long did the response lasted, did any morph into neoplastic lesions?

• Ally

July 21, 2020 at 5:43 pm

Hi Toni, Google is probably showing you your comments in the PD forums because it’s conditioned to show you the most relevant (to you) content first. Since Google knows you access this forum, it will show you results from this forum first. Any thing you communicate in private messages is private though. If you’re concerned about your identity/personal information being too publicly visible, you can use a pseudonym – I know a number of people in this community and other forums do that. 🙂

• Toni Shapiro

July 22, 2020 at 6:17 pm

Hi Ally, Thanks…I am really fine with it. I was just surprised when I saw it. ? Thank you for checking for me.Hope you have a nice evening.

• Caroline Harris

February 10, 2021 at 6:45 am

how do I rejoin using a different email address.  I don’t seem to be able to change my profile with my current address 

• Diana

March 18, 2021 at 3:23 pm

Thank you for excepting me into the forum. I just started my first conversation which was asking for help regarding personality changes from Parkinson’s as it relates to the spouse which is what I am. A few seconds after submitting it, it said it was marked as spam. This is really disappointing as it was something that was very important to me and I have no idea why it would be considered spam. Thank you.

• Phil Gattis

May 20, 2021 at 7:44 am

I can’t see how to start a new forum.  I think this potential breakthrough deserves one, although there doesn’t seem to be enough information to research it further.

https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/scientists-identify-gut-bacteria-linked-to-neurodegenerative-conditions/

• Mary Beth Skylis

May 20, 2021 at 7:46 am

Hey Phil,

Thanks for sharing! So, if you go ahead to one of our forum categories (for example, maybe choose Parkinson’s Research News for that particular topic: https://parkinsonsnewstoday.com/forums/forums/forum/parkinsons-research-news/), then scroll all the way to the bottom. There, you should find a window that allows you to create a new topic.

Parkinson’s Research

• Louis Skip Sander

May 20, 2021 at 2:36 pm

My posts are being rejected. What’s up???

• Louis Skip Sander

May 20, 2021 at 2:37 pm

The preceding one was NOT rejected!

• Louis Skip Sander

May 20, 2021 at 2:38 pm

How do I get my photo to appear with my posts?

• Ally

May 20, 2021 at 8:14 pm

Hi Louis – hope this helps:

1. Click “profile” on the left hand side of the page, near where your name appears

2. On the new page, click the silhouette of a person’s head, also called “profile”

3. Click “change profile photo”

From there you should be able to upload a profile pic.

• Louis Skip Sander

May 25, 2021 at 2:30 pm

Thanks! It was a bit clunky, but it worked!

• Louis Skip Sander

June 28, 2021 at 2:26 pm

There is a problem with the links you send me on Parkinson’s News Today. Needless to say, there seems to be no way at all to report the problem, which looks easy to fix. How can I report it?

• Kevin Schaefer

Administrator
      June 29, 2021 at 8:50 am

Hi Louis, are you referring to the links in the email newsletters?

• Louis Skip Sander

June 29, 2021 at 3:44 pm

I think so. It’s a bit hard to follow what is what. The site and emails are great overall, but a bit confusing.

I get a list of links in an email. . The top one never works. The second one opens the first link, but maybe on its second line. I just clicked the third one,  and got thrown off AOL.

This stuff seems to be consistent, at least with regard to the first two links..

• Phil Gattis

June 29, 2021 at 8:22 am

unsubscribe

• Toni Shapiro

August 4, 2021 at 9:44 pm

Hi, Yes please. Today I have written lengthy replies to Gary regarding his Akathisia post. The first one was never posted and the second one I know I clicked reply and submit and actually saw it but it said ERROR (reply to reply or something like that. All I know is that neither have appeared. Can you please check what happened for me? It’s difficult to type and is frustrating to think I may have to start over again. Thank you so much. Toni

• Louis Skip Sander

August 5, 2021 at 2:17 pm

The links at the top are still messed up, but easily fixed. Nobody knowledgeable to talk to about it. Sad.

• Michel

September 14, 2021 at 11:29 am

Hi Ally

I am part of a small group of PwP who regularly organise for speakers to talk to us about ways to manage our symptoms.  We had for instance Jimmy Choi talking to us and next week we have the CEO of Vielight talking to us about the photobiomodulation.
    is it okay to share the details of those events on the forum?   There is just zero commercial angle here, just a desire to share knowledge with a bigger group of people who may benefit from it.
    Thank you very much

Michel