Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Alternative Treatments Are you working with any alternative health care practitioners?

• sharon-l

January 19, 2023 at 4:32 pm

I go to a functional neurologist. He’s a chiropractor. He gives me brain exercises to do during my visit and I have homework. I believe it’s helping. It’s keeping my parkinson’s at the mild form. I was diagnosed in 2017. But looking back I probably had it for years.

• ally

January 24, 2023 at 6:43 pm

Thank you for sharing, Sharon. What are the exercises and homework like?

• sharon-l

January 31, 2023 at 2:17 pm

The exercises vary. One exercise is a figure 8 with my left foot one direction and figure of 8 with right hand the other direction. Then switch sides. Following squares on the wall diagonally. Exaggerated arm and leg walking. Following my left thumb from right to left with eyes and head. Then switch thumbs, etc . Too many to list .

• alan-m

January 31, 2023 at 3:24 pm

Hey Sharon… thanks for sharing your experiences with us.  How did you decide to start visiting this particular practitioner?  Did they mention whether their treatment involved the BIG programme to you?  I very curious about the “cross over” exercises they suggest.  Left foot, right hand, then switch.  Eye movement exercises.  Does your treatment regime address iRBD (REM sleep disorder issues)?   Just curious….

• smitty7

April 13, 2023 at 6:48 pm

Can you tell me what alternative health care practitioner you go too? Thanks

• krukar

January 21, 2023 at 5:06 pm

Hi Ally,

I do everything possible to combat Parkinson’s. Of late I have begun taking the Probiotic Neuralli with good results. My walking is much better. I do Accupuncture weekly along with massage twice a month. My thought is that if it gives me some hope it is well worth it. I am also pursuing the Vibrating Glove. I am too late for their study, but it may be offered to the public in August of this year possibly. My regime is also traditional P.T. , diet, exercise and medication as prescribed. I will keep you posted….Blessings, Mike

• ally

January 24, 2023 at 6:45 pm

Thanks for sharing, Mike! How long have you been trying acupuncture? Does it target specific areas? Does it hurt?

• claud

January 27, 2023 at 7:00 am

I’m thinking of trying Neuralli. How has it helped you.

• Jon Busch

January 31, 2023 at 2:22 pm

I’m into my 4th month on Neuralli (the company says it might take 3 months for results). So far I’d have to say it’s been a waste of money. Sad. Regarding acupuncture I read the recent study here from China. I’d like to try it but the study didn’t identify meridian (?) lines so was little more than a tease.

OF more interest to me were the two gut microbiome studies from China and France. It would be great if the topic and possible benefit of stuff like Neuralli in modifying PD was a Forum topic.

• christine-p

August 30, 2023 at 10:58 am

Hi, Jon, I agreed with you that Neuralli doesn’t work for me,  I just wasted my money.

• krukar

January 27, 2023 at 7:07 am

Ally,

I have been taking acupuncture treatments for about 6 months now.  It does not hurt. My Practitioner is very good and encourages me a lot. She targets whatever area I ask for but more she works on my stiffness and balance. I enjoy it which also helps lots. Thanks for the question. Blessings, Mike

• krukar

January 27, 2023 at 7:22 am

Claudia,

Neuralli has helped my walking lots. My legs are lighter, my digestion is better and it has helped my attitude. I recently had a tooth pulled and was on Antibiotics. The Neuralli effects were neutralized, I could definitely feel that. Now my tooth is healed and I feel the full effects of Neuralli again. Blessings, Mike

• alan-m

January 31, 2023 at 3:28 pm

Can anyone recommend some pertinent literature that would allow a DOPE (amine addict, LOL) like me to catch up on what appears to be a recent pharmacotherapeutic treatment for PwP?  I live in NZ and my neurologist offers little info to his patients, unless yo are able to question directly.  Thanks Ally.

• ally

January 31, 2023 at 7:35 pm

Hi Alan, I will suggest this topic to the news team at Parkinson’s News Today to see if they can rustle up some more current information – the latest stuff on Google is from 2018!

• Jon Busch

January 31, 2023 at 5:54 pm

I’m not but would like to be. Of particular interest is acupuncture, CBD and the microbiome. interestingly today WebMD ran an article on Ashwagandha in which they said the Indian herb may be effective in Parkinson’s. Does anyone use it and to what effect?

• sharon-l

February 1, 2023 at 8:51 am

Alan, my functional neurologist was trained by Ted Carrick of the Carrick institute https://carrickinstitute.com/media/
    They help people with concussion and other brain injuries, Alzheimer’s, etc .
    I don’t know exactly how it all works. I’m still learning.

• alan-m

August 25, 2023 at 9:13 pm

Thanks for the Carrick Institute link, Sharon!  I’ll research it forthwith.

• janet-leblanc

August 27, 2023 at 9:34 am

Can anyone tell me how to get Dr D Bryan’s bbook PD bad the B therapy?? I’ve done searches to no avail.

• bruno

August 31, 2023 at 9:47 am

You can find Bryan’s book on Amazon.

• charles-barclay

August 30, 2023 at 8:44 am

Hi there replying to Alan m.  From.nz I am in christchurch Alan I am currently in a medical research trial with a firm zhittya regenerative medicine with a treatment fgf1 if you look on u tube under the firms name there is videos and info might interest others