This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ally 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Ally 
    Keymaster

What was your earliest symptom of Parkinson’s disease? Did you talk to your doctor about it right away, or did you wait awhile? Did you immediately suspect it was PD or was hearing your diagnosis a surprise to you?

Bob Hodgson 
    Participant

My earliest symptoms were an occasional left thumb tremor. My primary care doctor told me to cut back on the amount of coffee I drink! Love the compassionate health care system. Four years or so later I noticed the tremors were more frequent and had traveled to my right side this was combined with smaller handwriting and “heavy legs”. I decided to see a neurologist who specialized in movement disorders who confirmed my suspicions. His confirmation was I have good and bad news, the good news is what you have won’t kill you and the bad news is you have Parkinson’s. First and last visit to this doctor.

Ally 
      Keymaster

Thanks for sharing your experience, Bob. Those responses from the doctors are interesting to say the least. Are you working with a different neurologist now? Are you still with the same primary care physician?

Bob Hodgson 
    Participant

I have been blessed to have been working with two of the kindest and compassionate neurologists over the past four years. My current neurologist is the one who suggested that I run for exercise. I would give out their names but I’m not sure if that violates any forum rules.

Jean Mellano 
      Keymaster

Hi Bob, where are you located?  I would love to know the names of your neuros.  You can private msg me with that info.

Ally 
      Keymaster

I’m happy to hear you’re being well cared for! 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account