Tagged: , , , ,

• lisakent

December 2, 2021 at 2:13 pm

This may not be a very exciting gift, but one thing I can’t do without is a gadget to open jars and bottles with twist tops.  My right hand is affected the most, so I have trouble with or an unable to open jars and bottles such as pickles or sports drinks.  I found one that has long handles (It’s U shaped) and the inside is rubber and it has different slots for different size lids.  I put it around the top and use the long handles to get leverage to open the item.  I hope this makes sense.  I also like my Nordic walking sticks.  I’m sure other’s have better ideas.  LOL

• marlyne-wilder

December 2, 2021 at 2:29 pm

I would like to receive some lotions. My skin is getting drier as winter weather approaches. Also foot cream and an “egg” scraper for the rough spots on my feet would be nice. I’d really like a feminine silky nightgown or silky pajamas. Nothing expensive. Just pampering gifts please.

• alan-m

December 8, 2021 at 3:19 pm

GOOD BOOKS AND VID MOVIES!! Too many books, not enough time IMHO.

• marla-klein

December 9, 2021 at 5:57 pm

Where does one find these items button closure love to find. My husband having trouble buttoning his pants

• marlyne-wilder

December 9, 2021 at 10:36 pm

Maria, many stores such as Amazon and Walmart have them. In the search box type “Parkinson’s button closure”.  In fact, if you type in “button assist device” more options are shown.

• marla-klein

December 9, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Thanks for info.

• laurap1359

December 21, 2021 at 11:57 pm

I want  leather bag, a watch and a gift card for Sephora to get new makeup,  all of which does nothing for my PD other then making me feel good being me, regardless of what PD has robbed me of so far.

• simmon-belka

December 28, 2022 at 4:22 pm

One option I would recommend is a robotic vacuum cleaner.

• simmon-belka

December 29, 2022 at 3:54 pm

It can be programmed to clean the house on a schedule, and it’s perfect for those who have limited mobility. My dad absolutely loves his robotic vacuum cleaner—it’s one of his favorite gifts ever! Another great option is a medical alert system. This can help give PWP and their families peace of mind in case of an emergency. It can be programmed to call a predetermined list of contacts if there’s an emergency, and it’s easy to set up. If you’re looking for something a bit more luxurious, you can’t go wrong with a gift basket from https://www.jetgiftbaskets.com/. They have a fantastic selection of high-quality gifts, including spa baskets, gourmet baskets, and even candy baskets. My dad enjoyed the basket I ordered for him this year.