• bari

December 28, 2021 at 3:09 am

Have you tried assisted stretching?  Ask a PT or buy a book that will explain how to best stretch Jen’s thighs in a safe, feel-good way.

• leslie

December 28, 2021 at 6:08 pm

My MT / PT comes to my house and taught my husband how to stretch me. We stretch every morning. We have been consistent for 4 months and they help me a lot!

• bari

December 29, 2021 at 11:07 pm

You are very lucky to have a husband who is so involved! Have a great day 🙂

• alan-m

January 25, 2022 at 2:29 pm

No truer words have been spoken, Bari!  Having a supportive partner involved in one’s progression and treatment is a Godsend.  Especially if MT/RT help isn’t that readily available.

• alan-m

January 25, 2022 at 2:37 pm

Sounds amazing, Leslie!  Wish we had a Stretch Zone practice here in NP.  I’m strictly using Paracetamol to fight my thigh pain.

• John

December 28, 2021 at 3:28 pm

Try magnesium cream massaged into the affected area – a good one is EpZen Sleep Magnesium Body Lotion.

• james-mortimer

January 23, 2022 at 4:53 am

We’ve tried Bari’s suggestion of assisted stretching and find it useful to get started in the morning. Our local physio was wary of over-stretching, in fact not overly keen, but it seems to help if done carefully. The most effective exercise seems to be lying on the stomach, raise and lower the calf  10 times, hold for 10 seconds, then repeat for both legs.

• bari

January 25, 2022 at 10:23 pm

James, the heel to buns stretch is a great one!

John, I’ve never tried a topical magnesium cream, but I have found that taking calcium/magnesium supplements is helpful for preventing muscle spasms – especially in the legs. And thank you for mentioning it, as I ran out of them months ago and by now had forgotten that they were part of my daily routine. Gotta put it on the shopping list!  I take a daily Tumeric/Curcumin supplement, which seems to help prevent inflammation in my joints. However, while I believe there can be value in taking supplements, I don’t go overboard with them.