Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Research Sometimes we need to focus on mental health

• Sometimes we need to focus on mental health

Posted by Boswell on April 15, 2019 at 3:55 pm

We all have busy lives with doctors appointments, taking care of children, some of us still work and earn income for our families. I know I am guilty of not taking care of my mental health. As I get older I have more responsibilities that are put onto my plate and I forget to listen to music, enjoy my food, or even have a friendly conversation. I am glued to my computer because I am always looking into different methods of how to improve my quality of life. This is wrong because I should be looking in the mirror and asking myself what can I do to be better and stay healthy when this disease is doing the exact opposite. Positive affirmations really make a huge difference in anyone’s lives and I encourage all of you to do it this week. I also have read up on a blog which talks about depression and how it plays a role in Parkinson’s. https://cbdcommunityca.com/treating-depression-with-cannabis/

Deleted User replied 5 years ago 5 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    April 15, 2019 at 3:57 pm

Thank you for sharing this informative article.   I agree with you that  positive affirmations really make a huge difference.

• Ally

April 16, 2019 at 11:32 am

Thanks for sharing, Boswell. This is a really important reminder for everyone! What are some of your favourite affirmations?

Mine are:

You are loved. You are strong. You can do this!

This, too, shall pass.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. (Or, in the words of Winston Churchill, “If you’re going through hell, KEEP GOING.”)

• Boswell

April 16, 2019 at 1:08 pm

My motivation comes from my praying daily and giving thanks for the little time I have on this Earth.

“You’re Smart”

“Your capable”

“Time will heal your wounds”

“There is time for everything”

“God laughs at your plans” —> Favorite!

“We can always get right back on track”

• Deleted User

Deleted User
        April 16, 2019 at 1:48 pm

excellent mantras Boswell.  Ally, i like yours too and also use “THis too shall pass”

• Ally

April 19, 2019 at 4:31 pm

The one about God laughing at our plans is SO true, Boswell! He has a wonderful sense of humour but sometimes I want things to work my way. Good thing I’m not the one in charge! Thanks for sharing.

• Lou Hevly

April 22, 2019 at 10:47 am

In Catalan they say “Man proposes, God disposes” (“disposar” means “put things in order”).

• Deleted User

Deleted User
        April 22, 2019 at 11:49 am

Agreed Lou…

• Alex K W Cheung

April 20, 2019 at 6:41 am

Mental Health is Extremely Critical! The Medical Doctors seldom ask! I doubt that They don’t know How to ask! Mental Health is Invisible, Intangible and Not Measurable! Always been Overlooked!Yet!The Most Basic and Important Essences for Enhancing Our Holistic Health!
    Fortunately, I am An NLP Trainer! As such, I am in much Better Advantages!

I can share some simple and easily used Tricks, One at a Time!

” Humor ” is A Must! Use and Practice! Then, Practice and Use! You, Will, be Rewarded!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      April 20, 2019 at 7:48 am

Thank you for your comments Alex, any tips you can share are appreciated.  We are all so different in our symptoms and some remedies work for some and not for others.