• Andrew L.

November 23, 2021 at 3:48 pm

I believe you are talking about Indica (versus Sativa or Hybrid), which is a strain of THC that requires a medical marijuana card to purchase (unless you live in a state where the drug is available for recreational use; then you can walk into any dispensary and buy it). Don’t know enough to comment on its use for  REM-SBD. However, given that THC is psychoactive and dopamine is psychoactive and some people with PD are known to have hallucinations and develop dementia, it is probably a higher risk option (and therefore probably not recommended by most neurologists) for sleep in patients with PD.

• Dex Graham

November 25, 2021 at 3:04 pm

I smoke a tiny bit of indica (over 30% thc) since I didn’t get relief from gummies. I have REM-SBD and hallucinations, so I also take Seroquel and Nuplazid. They might relax you enough to fall asleep, but not sure gummies would have any effect on REM-SBD.

• Alan M

November 26, 2021 at 9:51 pm

Thanks for your informative response, Dex.  I’m a neophyte on this neurologically challenging journey.  There’s so much to learn / consider.  Sorry to here you struggle with REM-SBD.  It sucks.  It has literally changed my marriage.

• Marlyne Wilder

November 23, 2021 at 5:28 pm

I use an Indica gummy every night, 10 mg THC. Cannabis is legal in Illinois; I also have a Medical Cannabis card, and purchase in-person from a dispensary in Collinsville.   I pay $38 for 10 gummies. And, yes, they work for me.  I’ve had no side effects.

• Andrew L.

November 23, 2021 at 9:41 pm

Hi Marilyne:

Wondering how high you feel after that, or do you just go to sleep? In my experience 10 mg made me quite stoned, though used pills not gummies (shouldn’t matter I don’t think…)

• Marlyne Wilder

November 23, 2021 at 9:54 pm

I don’t feel stoned using 10 mg THC gummies.  I only use the Indica strain that makes me relaxed, mellow, and sleepy.  Otherwise I’m very coherent and functioning.

• Joakim

November 30, 2021 at 2:21 pm

I have the same experience as Marlyne Wilder, e.g. 10mg gummies, and I live in Illinois as well. Melatonin (12mg) didn’t work as well for me as the gummies do.