Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Jean Mellano
      Keymaster

There are several medications prescribed for PD, different dosages and there may be optimal times to take with food.  It seems as though I have been working on this for 2 years and I am still trying to find the right combination.  Have you found what works for you and how long did it take you?

Dan
      Participant

Still searching. From 2009 until ~ 2016 it was at least ok to tolerable. Then things started going south. Tried many forms / combos of Ld/Cd…. + agonists, extenders, supplements, folklore concoctions, buzzard butts n snake lips, things in dropper applicators and so forth. Now on capsules that cost as much as government hammer-heads or diamond plated faucet washers. Still tweaking and seeking.

Jean Mellano
      Keymaster

wow, almost 10 years… and i thought i held a record at 4 years.  it has become a full time job. next on my list is medical marijuana and thiamine.  i love your sense of humor Dan.  … tweaking and seeking, i may use that in a future article

Jo S.
      Participant

Thank you for the laugh, Dan! 😀

I’m still “tweaking and seeking” a bit too, but I thoroughly dislike taking pharmaceuticals, so I’m not eager to “shop around” and try anything new or add anything more to my current regimen (which took about nine months to sort out). I’m currently testing out new medical cannabis products to help get me from pill to pill without additional pharmaceuticals.

Jean Mellano
      Keymaster

sounds like a good plan Jo

Jo S.
      Participant

Thanks, Jean!

Dan
      Participant

Tried some of the cannabis in left handed chocolate… made my wrist watch stop, with no or little results toward the PD.  Did several CBD oils, worked twice, then, not unlike our weather, became unresponsive and unpredictable, then zip – no result. Today was terrible. Just barely able to move. 10th capsule 48.75ld/195cd time release. Over 13 1/2 hours. Time release. Must be in nanometers per fortnight squared.

Dan
      Participant

maybe kinder-garden paper paste…..

Jean Mellano
      Keymaster

dan you are too funny… What is left handed chocolate?  as a chocaholic, you have peaked my interest 🙂

Jo S.
      Participant

LOL! ‘Nother chocoholic here (and left-handed to boot)! Dan, your comment about “left-handed chocolate” piqued my interest too!

Dan
      Participant

“Left-handed chocolate” goes back to an old term for marijuana, “left-handed tobacco” or “ left-handed cigarettes”. The reference suggests things ‘left-handed’ are not a norm, but an exception. I’m right-handed, but most of my children and many grand children are left-handed. To them, I am out of the norm. In any event, THC as a component has not been helpful to my version of PD. Except to say, at the time, I did not care one way or the other for a brief period. Was thinking about starting a new thread, ‘Did I tell you what happened the  other day?’ or ‘ ‘places PD has taken me that I didn’t want to be’….

Jean Mellano
      Keymaster

dan, i grew up in NY and smoked my fair share of marijuana in high school in the 1970s (and yes, I inhaled LOL), I dont remember that terms, maybe i smoked too much pot

Dan
      Participant

I never tried the stuff until much later – early 30s. Decided it was not for me. Made my watch stop resulting in 1 hour soliloquies lasting  a few seconds.

Dan
      Participant

Mary Beth,

I have tried about 5 different CBD oils. From 150 mg to 1000… what ever that means. only found 1 that worked within minutes. relieved a bad foot cramping condition. Very painful when they occur, which is all too frequently. But the effect only happened twice, never repeated.

Several problems are at hand. (my take).

1. Everybody makes or sells CBD oil. Cannabinoids w/o THC are all the rage.

2. This is problematic – in that little oversight or regulation is available to keep the sellers honest. Which of these are pure, which are dangerous or contain contaminants? How do we find out?

3. Then the sheer number is unmanageable with out a very time-consuming expensive endeavor.

cbd oil, aka “snake oil” ( in some preparations) is definitely an uncertain substance in many cases, and potentially mixtures of lamp oil, mineral oils, ect ad infinitum. I occasionally search for reputable dealers that honestly display ingredients. I am saving this chase for a point where I have the energy and wherewithal to pursue options. In the meantime I welcome suggestions for any confirmable brands and preparations    that have worked.

All the best,

Dan

Jean Mellano
      Keymaster

dan LOL,, i agree with the 2 problems you mentioned to Mary Beth  and when Target starts selling CBD , we are all in trouble..

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account