Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mary Beth Skylis

My Dad was able to undergo Deep Brain Stimulation last Fall. Since the surgery, he has seen weight gain (which was a positive effect), fewer issues with dyskinesia, and a resolution with urination frequency. Have you undergone Deep Brain Stimulation? If so, what changes have you seen? If not, why not?

Roger Surette
      Participant

I underwent DBS 5 years ago after nearly 15 years of gradual degradation.  I’m a PIGD victim instead of the more common tremor type.  I had my procedure done at Oregon health science university (OHSU) by Dr Kim Burchiel with full anesthesia.
      I would rate my success very high in general. I also would need to admit I have been on a steady decline over time.  I occasionally wonder what I would be like now if I had not received the DBS…  many of my fellow victims that were around my initial diagnosis period,“aren’t today.”!

George Kapetanakis
      Participant

I had my operation done about three years ago in a six-month span. I am off Sinemet and for the most part no other medication. I am always trying new supplements with no much success. Although I had a little luck lately.

The latest being Bacillus Subtilis, which helped me with my constipation a lot and now I am trying Butyrex which seems to help a lot with the same issue. For now, I’m taking one pill of Bacillus and two of by Butyrex. Soon I’m planning on going to Butyrex alone and slowly increase the dosage.

Still, I think it’s time to see my Neurologist for some adjustments on the settings. Due to COVID-19 I was not able to see her for almost ten months and since there was no urgency I opted no to.

I would say my DBS was no cure but a big improvement overall. GLTA

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account