• Have you tried CBD oil?

Posted by Mary Beth Skylis on August 24, 2020 at 11:36 am

CBD oil is Federally legally across the United States if it is manufactured in an appropriate manner. As long as THC levels are below 0.03, the government supports the distribution of it. My Dad tried a few different types of CBD oil to see if it would help with issues like muscle stiffness and anxiety. He’s not convinced that it had much of an impact. Have you tired CBD oil? Did you notice a difference? Was there a specific kind of tincture that you used?

Ronald Worby replied 2 months, 3 weeks ago 29 Members · 37 Replies
  • 37 Replies
  • JAMES

August 25, 2020 at 3:36 pm

I used but nothing happened for better situation. ?

• Byron McNaught

August 26, 2020 at 6:33 am

I have used CBD oil for about two years. I find that it relaxes my muscles and get rid of the stiffness and soreness. I was getting Botox shots, but the CBD oil works just as well, And it’s considerably cheaper. It also helps me sleep.

• Joel

August 26, 2020 at 2:26 pm

I tried the highest strength of Charlotte’s Web for my relative with late-stage Parkinson’s and dementia. I found that it definitely did *something*— when we gave it to him in reaction to bad off periods (spasms, pain, etc.) there was about a 50%-60% chance that it would make the spasms go away and completely relax him… but only for about 30 to 45 minutes.

We also tried a daily dose but could not identify a change in his on-off pattern or in the severity of the off periods. Presumably a higher dose would help (if the bottle contains what it says it contains; gotta be careful about that now in the Amazon era), but it was already many  times the cost of his normal meds for a very limited benefit, so we discontinued it.

(With apologies for going somewhat off-topic, we later tried TouchPoints, and they have proved more effective at the same goal—inducing muscular relaxation—and way more cost-effective. There’s a thread on them somewhere in these forums.)

• Robert Weber

August 26, 2020 at 7:18 pm

yes but no results

• Andrew L.

August 31, 2020 at 2:46 pm

I believe CBD is a placebo unless taken at extremely high and potentially toxic doses. It doesn’t bind to the receptors of the endocannabinoid system. It has been speculated that it may boost your body’s endocannabinoid production, but I don’t buy it. Any non-placebo effects of CBD are mainly from the THC in the oil.

• Joel

August 31, 2020 at 5:09 pm

I’ve had similar thoughts, that THC (the anecdotal stories of what it might do are very interesting), along with maybe a dose-dependent anti-inflammatory effect (and the general health benefits associated with reduction of inflammation) might be what is really going on with cannabidiol.

On the latter possibility, it is certainly an old trick of the supplement industry to pump a legit study and, once there is enough excitement about the subject of the study, to push supplements containing far less of the magical ingredient than was used in the study.

• Hector Yturralde

September 2, 2020 at 2:35 pm

Wife With Parkinson’s takes Greenforia CBD 1000mg Full Spectrum Tincture twice a day under her tongue.  She swears by it.  It helps with muscle pain and stiffness.  She takes one dose in the morning and one at bedtime for sleep.  It is very effective for her anxiety which triggers her tremors.

CBD does not interfere with her meds and her doctor supports her taking it.

We have learned that the quality of the CBD is very important.  We have tried other brands, even the one mentioned in an earlier post, without desired effects.  The Greenforia brand seems to be of high quality and it is thirds party tested for purity.

Good luck.

• Grammie

November 6, 2023 at 2:37 pm

MY I ask where you purchased your CBD tincture from? My husband has tremors that are stressed induced as well that become very difficult when he’s is stressed or anxious. I’d like him to try it out. Thanks you.

• Mary Beth Skylis

September 6, 2020 at 9:29 am

Andrew- that definitely could be the case. But there’s evidence that suggests that even if you know something is a placebo, it can have positive impacts on your body. For that reason, I like to come up with little tricks for my Dad (diagnosed in 2013).

“Dad, here’s a miracle shampoo I read about on the internet. It’s supposed to help with tremors.”

He doesn’t usually buy it. But I think that we should explore the placebo effect a little bit more with PD.

• donboop

September 15, 2020 at 10:52 pm

My patient family asked for CBD , so I was giving to him when he was getting anxious , but I did not notice any difference in physical or mental behavior ,  maybe was calming effect lil bit

• Hector Yturralde

September 16, 2020 at 7:20 pm

donboop, you need to realize that not all CBD’s are equal in quality and strengths.  You need to find the correct brand that will work for your patient.  We have found that the Greenforia CBD Full Spectrum 1000mg works the best.  Not only for anxiety for for sore muscles and stiffness.  Good luck.

• Andrew L.

September 17, 2020 at 4:44 pm

Mary- Here is the deal as I see it today (am always learning) after much consultation with respected physicians in the field…THC is not a placebo unlike CBD. Taken in relative “microdoses” (the only way to do this scientifically is with capsules, otherwise the actual ingested dose is guesswork, particularly if smoked), it does decrease anxiety, causes some pain relief (prob not as much as advil but noted nonetheless), and helps with sleep. It is also a mild appetite stimulant. Only other “side effect” is feeling of mild euphoria, which prob gives it addiction potential; however this is certainly better (imo) than Parkinson’s depression/anxiety.  Sativa vs. indica prob not an issue at microdoses. Some neurologists be concerned with longer term cognitive impairment, however  studies don’t support this and  I don’t think this is a long term problem with the proper dosing . As with any medicine, risks must be weighed versus benefits for each patient. Thus not for everyone, and definitively needs to be done under competent physician supervision. Disclaimer: None of this is medical advice, just sharing what I know.

• Andrew L.

September 17, 2020 at 4:47 pm

I have also been told that to get a similar effect with CBD one would have to take up to 50x or more CBD than is normally “prescribed” and this is associated with liver toxicity. Stated differently , to get the same beneficial effects using CBD versus micro dosed THC, one would have to take a toxic dose.

• Olivia

November 11, 2020 at 7:51 am

Can you whitey from CBD? That’s my main fear and which is why I haven’t smoked weed ever since I had that experience.

• Bill Frohberg

April 8, 2021 at 9:02 am

My wife uses it. No effect on the PD, but she has Crohn’s disease, and has helped her gut feel better. Her gastro Dr was appalled. I suspect because it would be a hit against big pharma.

• samantha

May 3, 2021 at 2:04 pm

My grandfather, who is 85 and was diagnosed with Parkinson’s 10 years ago, is at the stage of falling a lot, hallucinations, and psychosis. After a bad episode of psychosis/dyskinesias 3 weeks ago, he agreed to try CBD flowers.  My family has said he has been calmer and less restless. I just visited him in Buffalo from Colorado for 2 days and he did not have any hallucinations (he even said “I haven’t seen anyone lately!”), no spells of dyskinesia and no psychosis. It seems like it’s working and what a relief for my family.

• William

September 13, 2021 at 8:27 am

If you are approaching or have just started taking CBD oil, keep some things in mind.

• William

September 16, 2021 at 8:01 am

If you are approaching or have just started taking CBD oil, keep some things in mind. Some important things to consider are how much CBD oil to take when to take it, how often, and how long it stays. Some people may experience astonishing side effects while taking CBD oil, and it is essential to know what they are. You can read better about this subject on https://joyorganics.com/pages/fort-myers-fl. Also, there is a top of CBD that will be the best one for you. I think that you just need to find your perfect CBD oil.

• Tom

August 24, 2022 at 2:39 pm

When I first tried this oil, I felt relaxed and calm. I only used it for medicinal purposes and it really worked. This is the site where you can get all the products in no time at a great price.https://wayofleaf.com I advise everyone.

• Roy

August 25, 2022 at 3:17 pm

My husband, Roy, has been using CBD oil from our chiropractors. They sell an oil produced by family members was on an organic farm.
    We decided to try it to help with leg cramps in the morning and evening times. The first couple months really seemed to calm the cramps down significantly. The last month, however, has not been as effective. I hesitate increasing the dose, as a one month supply already costs $85.
    we’re going to try it for one more bottle after this one is empty. If we don’t see results similar to the first couple months, he’ll probably stop the oil.
    After reading other’s posts, I may change the times of day he gets the oil.

• Tim Brindley

August 25, 2022 at 3:25 pm

I’ve been using Hempworx CBD oil for over 4 yrs. It’s a good product I’ve received good results from this product. 1 personally use 1500 Hempworx CBD oil.

Less pain and aches when I use it if I forget the pain and aches remind me without a doubt.

• Thomas Fuller

August 25, 2022 at 8:19 pm

Yes I take CBD oil, I had tremors wake me up in the middle of the night and then I started taking CBD oil every night about 1/2 hour before I went to bed and it stopped the tremors.

• Wes Isenhart

August 31, 2022 at 6:47 pm

Like Parkinson’s, Cannabis can have different effects on individuals.   I smoke the Sativa variety because it has a peppy aspect.  It doesn’t do anything for my symptoms, but I find that I’m not as annoyed about having Parkinson’s.

• Max Gray

November 21, 2022 at 4:40 pm

Yes I have been using CBD oil since July 2022 .  Its best for  stress and anxiety. If you wanna buy any cbd products you shoud visit 420 vendor list
    If you are in lumberton nj you should Consider one love always – weed dispensary . mention 420 vendor list to get discount

• Patricia McCormick

November 22, 2022 at 3:08 pm

I use CBD oil by Procana and find it very helpful in the mornings. I put 10-12 drops under my tongue every morning to help with anxiety and internal tremors which I get when my dopamine level isn’t quite right. I definitely notice a big difference.

• Mark

January 31, 2024 at 4:24 pm

I was hearing all this buzz about CBD oil being a miracle remedy for muscle stiffness and anxiety, and I thought, “Why not give it a shot?” My dad had similar issues, so we decided to try it together.

• Mark

February 2, 2024 at 2:39 am

We started by researching different kinds of tinctures, and I’ll admit, it felt a bit overwhelming with all the options out there. We finally settled on one that had good reviews and claimed to be high-quality.Now, I want to share a little tip with you. If you’re still searching for information on CBD or other remedies, consider looking into rehab centers like Abbeycare rehab ( https://www.abbeycarefoundation.com/leading-addictions-experts-slams-russian-gay-rehab/ ). They often post valuable insights and advice on managing various health issues, including addiction and mental health.”

Page 1 of 2