Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ally
      Keymaster

Do you remember what your earliest Parkinson’s symptom was? Did you suspect it was Parkinson’s at the time?

In this flash briefing, Jo Gambosi recalls some of her sister’s earliest Parkinson’s symptoms, which at the time she dismissed as normal signs of aging (or wasn’t aware they were happening until someone pointed them out).

How similar is your experience to that of Jo’s sister?

Ramasubramanian
      Participant

I am Ram from Chennai, India. I was 63 when diagnoised PD. I was surprised at the finding. I was having trouble with my bike with bad battery for self starting, thus i was kicking my bike for every start and felt by left hand stiff and tight. But the same was not easing at all for more than 6 months. I went to an orthopedic clinic and found nothing wrong and then went to a neurologist,  Dr Satish Kumar who immediately identified as PD and suggested medication. After 6 month of treatment  I was feeling drowsy and dizzy. I went to another neurologist Dr  Natarajan and who reduced the drug intake and stabilize my disorder. Due to corona virus I could not visit Dr. I continue medicines as suggested, now.

Jeffery Hill
      Participant

I thought my first symptom was a fluttering tremor in my left thumb at the age of 56.  When I researched the list of Parkinson’s symptoms I learned that my loss of smell 5 years earlier was on the list too!

Ramasubramanian
      Participant

I was having slight stiffness on the left elbow and fingers i could not clench, i felt like having put on left hand glove and the slight difficulty in clenching fingers together.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account