Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Alternative Treatments Do you use technology to fight Parkinson’s?

• Do you use technology to fight Parkinson’s?

Posted by mary-beth-skylis on October 18, 2021 at 12:10 pm

There are all kinds of devices, applications, and tools that are tailored for PWP. Spoons and forks can now be purchased to offset tremors. Cellphones can be used for their “talk to speech” features. My dad uses some types of technology to help him with daily tasks. Do you use technology to fight Parkinson’s? If so, which tools have been most helpful?

hernan-santiago-rosario replied 2 years, 4 months ago 7 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • ak-jones

October 19, 2021 at 2:53 pm

use mechanical “picker uppers”* by RMS,have one to two in every room of house. I use weighted eating tools. also i have purchased a U-Step walker, a motorized  wheel chair with vehicle ramp; magnifying glass with light. looking for a remote television sound transmitter (not ear plugs or head phoneless ), For relaxation I downloaded free Orange Blossom tape.

• twok

October 21, 2021 at 8:10 am

I use grabbers, a shower bench, a rollator, a cane, a crescent ‘knife’ to cut meat.
    I am starting to use vocal ‘typing’, have an enlarged bright keyboard and when the time comes, I have a touch PC…the monitor will allow me to use my finger to scroll, x out a page, etc.
    My bed consists of a bunkie board and mattress resting on the bottom steel shelves of
    two small scaffolds. The extra metal ‘arms’ on the sides are good for pulling myself out of bed, etc.

• suzanne-haidri

October 21, 2021 at 2:29 pm

I use Poop Tracker app.

• ak-jones

October 21, 2021 at 2:34 pm

LOL, And how is that working for you?

• suzanne-haidri

October 21, 2021 at 4:09 pm

Very well, thank you! It’s very handy to keep track.

• suzanne-haidri

October 21, 2021 at 4:23 pm

It keeps track of the size, color, type (hard vs soft scale), and other things.

• joyceann-summey

October 22, 2021 at 5:26 am

What is the name of the poop app you use

• suzanne-haidri

October 22, 2021 at 7:07 am

Poop Tracker

• dennis-wandle

October 21, 2021 at 9:55 pm

I purchased a u step walker and weighted eating utensils

• francisco-manuel-goncalves

October 22, 2021 at 7:36 am

Bom dia.

Fui diagnisticado com doença de parkinsson há 8 anos. Tenho 71 anos.

Nesta fase da doença, ainda não necessito de qualquer apoio.Vivo sózinho, cozinho, alimento-me,faço higiene pessoal, conduzuo,faço pequena agricultura, engomo a roupa, limpo casa.A minha maior dificuldade é o sono.Não tomo nada para dormir.No entanto já cheguei á conclusão que a última refeição, deve ser rica em fruta e legumes e nada de acucar.Embora goste de acucar depois das 12/13 horas evito.

• hernan-santiago-rosario

October 22, 2021 at 1:35 pm

Hi There..IDK if i’m cheating but I use DBS technology…It’s been a blessing thus far.even though its been 9months.Since its been turn on..i’m 48years old.