• Who would you like to hear from most in the PD community?

Posted by Ally on December 3, 2020 at 7:11 pm

Imagine you’re planning to attend a special event or panel about Parkinson’s disease. What guests would draw you in? Who would you like to hear speak and what about? What are some topics you would love to hear discussed by experts or celebrities in the Parkinson’s community?

Or perhaps you’ve already been to an amazing Parkinson’s conference or event! What was memorable about the event? Which topics or discussions do you still think about?

STEVEN OPPEN replied 3 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Yekim7676

December 8, 2020 at 2:36 pm

What strategies/procedures/methods do you have for dealing with constipation?

• Yekim7676

December 8, 2020 at 6:32 pm

Adding to the above answer, I would like an A to Z seminar starting with a section describing anatomy, connection to th4 brain, difference between common constipation and PD constipation. (My internist scoffed and told me to take Metamus)What’s the experience with constipation and travel One problem is that PD symptoms are spread out among practitioners and no one seems to have authoritative sl2answers. What’s collective wisdom—if there is collective wisdom.

• Ally

December 10, 2020 at 2:56 pm

Thank you for replying, Yekim7676! I hope we can offer some content on this topic in 2021. Stay tuned.

• Beth

December 15, 2020 at 4:06 pm

I would like to hear more about stem cell treatment for Parkinson’s Disease.

• Beth

December 15, 2020 at 4:08 pm

I am interested in the somnolence or drowsiness from the medications and how to fight it.

• STEVEN OPPEN

December 17, 2020 at 2:47 pm

I would very, very much like to hear from PD’ers who have had DBS (both successes and failures). At the current time, I believe that DBS is the only therapy that has the potential of going beyond drug therapy. If there are participants in this forum who have had DBS and would be willing to share their experience, I would love to hear about your journey.

Be well.