Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Symptoms and Progression Which symptom is most challenging to navigate?

• Beth T Browne

August 30, 2022 at 5:01 pm

Sleep and the tremors in my arthritic hands that are bent out of shape making cooking and other things very difficult. Also, sometimes, fatigue.

• Hoyt Wallace

October 14, 2022 at 1:03 pm

Freezing of gait, especially when initiating a turn or backing up, is, by far, the most obnoxious PD symptom that I have encountered in the five or six years that I’ve been battling this ailment. I am an eighty-three year-old male in otherwise good health. Combined with some balance and coordination problems, the freezing of gait has caused a few falls, of which two resulted in shoulder injuries.

• Laurie

October 18, 2022 at 5:03 pm

This is not one of the most challenging but I wanted to share it because it works. Every time I would yawn, a muscle in my throat would cramp up. I thought I was getting a heart attack. My Doctor said it was dystonia. I rub magnesium cream on my throat every day and it takes care of it, including if I get cramps in my legs in the middle of the night then I get up and rub my legs with it. It works, so I’m sharing!

Page 2 of 2