Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment What research are you most excited about right now?

• What research are you most excited about right now?

Posted by ally on March 14, 2024 at 9:23 am

Every year we make more progress toward better understanding and treating Parkinson’s. Maybe one day we’ll even find a cure!

What Parkinson’s news or research are you most excited about right now?

EvaninAZ2024 replied 1 day, 21 hours ago 10 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • kr-and-js

March 14, 2024 at 2:14 pm

PhotoPharmics remote study on effect of specific wavelength of light on Parkinson’s symptoms. Since it doesn’t require in person visits, anyone in the US can participate if you meet their criteria. They are recruiting now, we are participating. Go to LightforPD.com for more info.

All the best, K&J

• ally

March 19, 2024 at 9:16 pm

This is very cool and exciting! Thanks for sharing.

• valtiree

March 21, 2024 at 1:50 am

I am participating in a Flinders University in South Australia year long double blind trial of light therapy units, both helmet type and hand held on the gut. Results should be available later this year.

My participation is nearing the end and seems to be having a positive effect – hopefully it is not the placebo effect!

• MJoan

April 10, 2024 at 7:35 pm

Thanks for sharing this. I look forward to the study result.

• EvaninAZ2024

March 21, 2024 at 3:03 pm

My doctor (movement neurologist at Mayo) recently told me about stem cell treatment she’s excited about. It involves implanting directly into the brain so probably no picnic but she’s looking forward to the results of the study (which probably won’t be for another couple of years).

• Lucy

March 21, 2024 at 10:57 pm

I am interested in stem cells too!

How could I be part of the research team ?

• ally

April 11, 2024 at 7:30 pm

Stem cell research holds so much promise. Would you be able to share any links or further info here so others can follow along?

• timothy-ross

March 26, 2024 at 10:22 am

I too am very hopeful that stem cell research may generate treatment that could halt progress of PD or repair some damage, and would certainly participate in any trial or investigation here in Spain.

Timothy Ross

• Clem

March 26, 2024 at 7:39 pm

My brother has Multiple System Atrophy, a “cousin” to Parkison’s disease and also a synucleinopathic disease. I am interested in Lundbeck Pharmaceutical’s clinical trial for LuAF82422, a monoclonal antibody. In February of 2025 the 3rd clinical trial will be finished. / also anti inflammation drugs interest me.

• Opol

April 12, 2024 at 12:16 pm

<pre data-placeholder=”Traduzione” aria-label=”Testo tradotto” data-ved=”2ahUKEwjtj9P5lL2FAxVz3QIHHYIsBE4Q3ewLegQIAxAU”>after 20 years of illness, my wife participated in the phase 3 trial of buntanetap.
    The results:

enthusiastic improvements… confirmed by the medical team!!!!

• TonyWest

April 12, 2024 at 1:02 pm

I see several responses mentioning stem cell therapy. My understanding is that Stem Cells are too big to pass through the blood-brain barrier (BBB) so they have to be implanted in the brain directly.

I’m very interested to see if anyone out there has tried Exosomes, which embody higher growth factors than Stem Cells, do not contain any potentially harmful DNA, and are small enough that they can pass through the BBB, so presumably can be administered via injection/blood or inhaler/nasal paths.

• EvaninAZ2024

April 13, 2024 at 12:40 pm

The stem cell research I’ve heard about are injected directly into the brain. Early stage research, but supposedly promising.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/stem-cell-therapy-for-parkinsons#benefits