Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s What is the most underrated Parkinson’s mobility tool?

• What is the most underrated Parkinson’s mobility tool?

Posted by Ally on October 12, 2023 at 6:22 pm

Given Parkinson’s impact on mobility, adaptive and mobility tools are key to maintaining a good quality of life.

In your opinion, what are some of the most underrated mobility tools for people with Parkinson’s?

Gail Dons replied 6 months, 2 weeks ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • flavia-lombardo

October 19, 2023 at 3:16 am

This one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0UwnxthWeM&t=10s

You can see the difference before and after.

Magnes.ch

• Barry Block

October 19, 2023 at 2:54 pm

What is the cost for the shoes? Are they covered by Medicare?

• flavia-lombardo

October 20, 2023 at 9:06 am

The shop is on the website, currently is not covered.. It ranges from 1’200 to 1’900

• DPR

October 24, 2023 at 2:33 pm

A good walking stick helps me with my cadence and rhythm while walking. A good quality lightweight running or hiking shoe helps as well. I tend to drag my right foot. Three to four trips to the gym a week for stationary bike and weight training and I’m feeling the best I have since I was diagnosed. Fatigue is still a major issue though. A supplement called NAC taken daily seems to be helping with multiple symptoms. Stay mobile to be mobile!

• Carol Zavalney

October 24, 2023 at 2:39 pm

I really wanted to say the sheets I found on Instagram were a game changer but no such luck. Maybe for some but not for us!

• Gail Dons

October 24, 2023 at 5:59 pm

Two things have been special winners for me:

1- Urban poles for walking. Used correctly, they help reinforce good posture, give my triceps a workout as I walk, support my balance …and I get a lot of comments about how cool they look !

2- these make putting on pants all by yourself a breeze! Inexpensive and promotes independence!