Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ally
      Keymaster

Are you planning to take any trips now that things are starting to open up again? Listen to this flash briefing of a column by Lori DePorter with her top tips for for letting go of the plan and enhancing the adventure while traveling with Parkinson’s.

Sandy
      Participant

My husband of 38 years has been diagnosed with Parkinson 5 years ago and I now know, it has been longer than that since his Aunt pointed out some clues to me on one of our family trips. Since then, he was denoised with Parkinson.  We do a big trip once a year. like most people. Just 3 weeks ago in 2021, we took another family trip to the National Park and found our anxiety level can be stressful a few days before you leave and continue for a couple more days after you arrived to your designation. We also learned this is a good time to start carrying a diaper bag (back pack), with some of those Depends and wet wipes handy. We had a lot of standing in line at the National Park and the timing of getting on or off the airplane wasn’t any better. You should never assume your “urge” will go well.  Now, I need to figure out if there is something to help calm the anxiety before our next big trip.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Sandy.
      Lori DePorter
      Participant

I have started to inform the airlines, Amtrak, etc …you can ask for accommodations and assistance.

Rick Tabakin
      Participant

1. Always take extra PD medications with you when you travel. That way, if you get significantly delayed or ill, you’ll have access to the meds you need.

2. Don’t pack PD meds in checked luggage. If your luggage get lost or delayed, you can still access your meds if they’re packed into carry on luggage.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account