• Tips for staying motivated?

Posted by Ally on July 15, 2021 at 3:30 pm

Do you ever struggle with feeling motivated to stretch or exercise? Do you have any tips for getting started when you just want to veg out and relax? What are some fun alternatives to a traditional workout that can get you moving when you’re in the mood for something different than your typical fitness routine?

Ally replied 1 year, 11 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Krukar

July 15, 2021 at 6:29 pm

Ally,

I really believe that exercise is a key to a better outcome with this condition. So every morning since my diagnosis 8/20 I have gotten up and exercised at 5 am. I have adjusted the routine some. Now I start with some weights 8 lb and 5 lbs then I do boxing with my cats in our cat tree. Jeri particularly enjoys it. Then I got to  an LSVT program from Blessing Health Care. Mostly it is several  Parkinson’s specific movement exercise routines.  Since the beginning it has been empowering. I just cannot wait for this condition to happen to me. Blessings,Mike

• samantha

May 13, 2022 at 9:30 am

I get it out of the way first thing in the morning. Wake up, coffee and then off to do the workout. Reading this also motivates. This routine ensures I don’t talk myself out of not getting it in. Took me 4 years to keep it consistent though. I also have a major fear of digressing back to the fat sack I used to be

• Ally

May 17, 2022 at 8:24 pm

Hey Samantha, what were some of the things you did to help you become consistent? I can wake up early some mornings but often I give in and sleep in. Any tips you can share would be appreciated. 🙂