• Posted by ally on November 17, 2020 at 9:34 pm

Time is flying by — American Thanksgiving is coming up next week! I’m not American but I am looking forward to the Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping deals.

In Canada, we were strongly discouraged from celebrating Thanksgiving (which is celebrated in October here) with anyone outside our immediate household. What are the recommendations in your community? How do you normally celebrate Thanksgiving and will those plans look different this year?

jacque-walston replied 3 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jacque-walston

November 19, 2020 at 10:57 pm

We have also been strongly advised to not travel. Consequently, I (single person) won’t be traveling to visit friends or family, which I would normally do. I will be joining a couple of friends here in town for dinner/lunch, but they are cooking outside on the grill and we will be eating on the deck outside. I hope it doesn’t rain!

I must admit the urge to travel to visit family is strong as I have not seen them for over a year. We have already canceled two planned visits because of this darn CoVid. I guess I will have to wait until Spring and hope for better world health.