• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Ally.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jean Mellano
      Participant

shirley, what a great idea!   i know i have a problem swallowing pills and capsules are so much easier for me to swallow, plus, if you can reduce the number of swallows (eg; several pills in one capsule), all the better.  thank you so much for sharing this info.

Shirley Cypher
      Participant

Between prescriptions and supplements Joe (husband) takes 29 a day total.  Seniment and Mirapex 4 times a day.  Have found it is easier to put the small pills in a capsule. I can put 4 out of 9 of his 8 a.m. pills in a capsule.  I do have cut 1 in half for it to fit.  It makes it so much easier.  I got a capsule maker 00 size from http://www.capsuleconnection.com.  Makes 24 at a time.  Works real well for the 4 times a day schedule.  There is another brand that will do a hundred at a time.  I get the empty capsules from Amazon but they are also available at health food stores.

Shirley Cypher
      Participant

I forgot to say “do NOT cut timed release meds in half”.  If the pill has a line on it on one side you can safely cut it.  If in doubt ask pharmacist.

Jean Mellano
        Participant

thank you shirley for this valuable information!

Ally
      Keymaster

Great idea. I haaate taking pills and I think if I had to take more than a couple at once I would start to gag. Thanks for sharing, Shirley.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account