• How to take small pills

Posted by Shirley Cypher on October 31, 2019 at 2:19 pm

Between prescriptions and supplements Joe (husband) takes 29 a day total.  Seniment and Mirapex 4 times a day.  Have found it is easier to put the small pills in a capsule. I can put 4 out of 9 of his 8 a.m. pills in a capsule.  I do have cut 1 in half for it to fit.  It makes it so much easier.  I got a capsule maker 00 size from http://www.capsuleconnection.com.  Makes 24 at a time.  Works real well for the 4 times a day schedule.  There is another brand that will do a hundred at a time.  I get the empty capsules from Amazon but they are also available at health food stores.

Ally replied 4 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    October 31, 2019 at 2:19 pm

shirley, what a great idea!   i know i have a problem swallowing pills and capsules are so much easier for me to swallow, plus, if you can reduce the number of swallows (eg; several pills in one capsule), all the better.  thank you so much for sharing this info.

• Shirley Cypher

October 31, 2019 at 4:25 pm

I forgot to say “do NOT cut timed release meds in half”.  If the pill has a line on it on one side you can safely cut it.  If in doubt ask pharmacist.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      October 31, 2019 at 5:18 pm

thank you shirley for this valuable information!

• Ally

October 31, 2019 at 5:48 pm

Great idea. I haaate taking pills and I think if I had to take more than a couple at once I would start to gag. Thanks for sharing, Shirley.