Parkinson’s News Forums Forums COVID-19 and Parkinson’s How did your booster compare to initial vaccines?

Tagged: ,

• How did your booster compare to initial vaccines?

Posted by mary-beth-skylis on January 12, 2022 at 8:20 am

I was recently able to get my booster shot (Pfizer). And I was expecting it to knock me out for a day, since that’s what the initial (Moderna) vaccine did to me. But, luckily, I hardly had any symptoms at all. With the exception of a mild sore throat, I felt completely normal. How did your booster compare to the initial vaccines? Have you found that any of the doses impacted your Parkinson’s symptoms?

valtiree replied 2 years, 3 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • john-citron

January 12, 2022 at 11:52 pm

First, I want to congratulate you on receiving your shots and the booster. Well done!

I had Pfizer all the way.  I had no real side-effects from the booster at all other than a sore bicep muscle on my left arm where the injection is. I’m sore there anyway and this was a bit stronger and lasted a lot longer, maybe 3 days.

I had an interesting visit with the nurse at the CVS where I had my shots and booster. When she was about to jab me, she noticed my bicep muscles were very tight on both arms. I told her I’m always like that and have a sore shoulder too on my left side. The first thing she said, was oh it sounds like you have Parkinson’s? I said yup, I sure do. We then discussed the medication and what not. She also works as a neurology nurse at the local hospital.

• hoyt-wallace

January 13, 2022 at 3:29 pm

I received my first two shots of the Pfizer vaccine last February and the Pfizer  booster this past September, all with practically no adverse effects, just a little tenderness in my arm for a few hours. I must be one of the fortunate persons who has never had an adverse reaction to any vaccination within memory, going back to receiving a tetanus booster shot when I was seven years old, about 75 years ago.

• mary-beth-skylis

January 19, 2022 at 10:21 am

Hoyt, it sounds like you’re pretty lucky in that way! I feel fortunate in that my reaction was pretty mild the second time around.

• clive-varejes

January 20, 2022 at 11:29 am

I had my booster about 3 weeks ago, and had no adverse effects at all.

Although I must admit, a few of the “Novac’s”, informed me that if I waited a few days, I would without a doubt experience side effects.

I waited 2 days them phoned them and told them they were totally correct, waited until they had said their  “told you so etc” then informed them I was growing wings.           Most of then did not think that was funny.                                                                         Go figure.

• valtiree

January 21, 2022 at 12:55 am

I had my Pfizer booster a month ago with no effect at all, just like the two AstraZenica jabs beforehand.

For all the effect I had I may as well have been given distilled water!

Does anyone else agree that continuous video clips of injections going into arms is off-putting?