Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Using Our Forums Have you found helpful books/resources to assist caregivers?

• Have you found helpful books/resources to assist caregivers?

Posted by Marjorie Weiss on July 13, 2022 at 2:54 pm

A book by a PD caregiver’s wife has been described to me as very depressing. I am wondering what may be out there to offer something more uplifting with, of course, realism as well.

If anyone knows of such a resource, please pass it on. I am trying to assess/evaluate things that can help caregivers on topics such as:

the silver lining amidst the clouds,
    how to be tolerant,
    how to be less fearful,
    intimacy-is it gone?
    finding home care
    What to do when your PWP can’t speak loudly anymore?
    etc.

Hopefully, you understand. I am just looking into this so our hive mind may lead me/us to things that you have discovered.

Carol R replied 1 year, 9 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Barbara

July 15, 2022 at 7:21 am

One book that will help everyone dealing with any type of illness, not just Parkinson’s, is “The Wounded Storyteller”. 8 years diagnosed, it helped me feel better about my acceptance/rationalization. One more: Parkinson’s Diva, a woman’s POV, written by a woman, a neurologist who then was diagnosed with PD,. Excellent.

• Carol R

July 16, 2022 at 2:27 pm

I’m curious about the book that was by a PD caregiver wife since I’m also in this same position. What was the name of that book?