Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Marjorie Weiss
      Participant

A book by a PD caregiver’s wife has been described to me as very depressing. I am wondering what may be out there to offer something more uplifting with, of course, realism as well.

If anyone knows of such a resource, please pass it on. I am trying to assess/evaluate things that can help caregivers on topics such as:

the silver lining amidst the clouds,
      how to be tolerant,
      how to be less fearful,
      intimacy-is it gone?
      finding home care
      What to do when your PWP can’t speak loudly anymore?
      etc.

Hopefully, you understand. I am just looking into this so our hive mind may lead me/us to things that you have discovered.

Barbara
      Participant

One book that will help everyone dealing with any type of illness, not just Parkinson’s, is “The Wounded Storyteller”. 8 years diagnosed, it helped me feel better about my acceptance/rationalization. One more: Parkinson’s Diva, a woman’s POV, written by a woman, a neurologist who then was diagnosed with PD,. Excellent.

Carol R
      Participant

I’m curious about the book that was by a PD caregiver wife since I’m also in this same position. What was the name of that book?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Verify you are not a robot