Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Jean Mellano
      Keymaster

I dont like the thought of taking medications, however, I decided to take Sinemet and Neupro patch so I could feel well enough to exercise. I often wonder how much they are helping me and under my doctor’s guidance, I am reducing Neupro patch dose.  4 days into dose reduction, i wonder if I am feeling bad due to a withdrawal type reaction and perhaps I may feel better if I get over the hump once my body stabilizes at a lower dose.  Or, could it be disease progression, or could it be I really needed the original dose.

Have you tried to reduce your meds?  If so, what was your experience?  Were you successful?

Andrew L.
      Participant

Every time I try to wean it is a bit of a horror show. Also left wondering if it is disease progression or body is just getting used to meds. Am at the lowest dose I could function fairly normally at, but worried how long it will last.  Anyway now on Selegiline 2x per day (8 am and at noon), take 1/2 carbidopa/levodopa  8am, 1 at noon, 1 at 4 pm, 1 at 8 pm, 1/2 at bedtime (around 1130), and 1/2 if I wake up in middle of night (which is almost always). So 4 1/2 carbidopa/levodopa pills total over 24 hours. Every time I try to cut back from this (usually by taking a half instead of a whole or omitting a dose) my symptoms get much worse (mainly rigidity.) Also using CBD 5 mg under tongue 2-3x per day. Living life fairly normally. exercise a lot. Am worried though about how long this will remain effective and if/when will get dyskinesias

Jean Mellano
      Keymaster

Andrew, thanks for sharing.   I agree, it is a horror show. I have never felt good on the meds or off the meds.  I have forgotten what it is like to feel somewhat normal (ie; not slow moving or totally fatigued),  It has been years…

Andrew L.
      Participant

I find selegiline (taken 8am, 12 pm) to be an energizer, perhaps because it has methamphetamine metabolites.

Jean Mellano
      Keymaster

interesting…. i certainly could use an energizer

George Kapetanakis
      Participant

Energizer? I could use that too.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account