• Get what you need from the health care service

Posted by Russell Wilson on January 22, 2019 at 6:54 am

This is actually a plea for help — I’d like responses to an initial response of my own to an invitation for contributions to my local health authority’s development of a Disability Strategy

— see my “initial draft” of the response here — frozen by “performance anxiety” (one of my “internal demons” —thanks to Dr C for highlighting this problem) I got this done between lunch and 2am — in time for our first PD exercise group for the year

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YAuB17e7spRBsZjhJfaa2TaW5j2m7oty

there’s lots to be done to further ramp it up to “make sure” our services respond to the needs of us with PD, so your comments on how it could be further developed would be really welcome, thanks!

Deleted User replied 5 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 22, 2019 at 7:38 am

Thank you Russell for posting this, it is very important work that affects us all.

• dr-c

January 30, 2019 at 11:40 am

Russell: This document you created is similar to the rehabilitation plans I wrote for people with brain damage (from all types of causes).  My columns, if put all together, would represent my personal rehab plan.  Your document is well thought out and I admire the considered effort applied.  Believe me when I say. “I know how much work went into that”.  Making a rehab plan that includes more than physical exercise, for example diet, social, spiritual, and mental factors, really takes effort and mindfulness.  There is one piece missing, and I have yet to write about it. It is that any rehab plan needs to give consideration to pre-morbid history.  What you did with your brain before the diagnosis effects the outcome of the diagnosis. This was so true with the brain injured folks.  Why is this important?  It is information that helps to guide the design of the rehab plan.  Chat to me anytime if you have questions. Always happy to help another PD warrior.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 30, 2019 at 1:23 pm

Thank you Dr. C. for weighing in.  Your feedback is much appreciated.  Could you clarify what you meant by : “before the diagnosis effects the outcome of the diagnosis”?  Is that related to “believe in the diagnosis but dont believe in the prognosis” (Deepak Chopra)