Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mary Beth Skylis

Parkinson’s can make it feel like we’re traveling two steps forward and one step backwards at any given time. Although we might find ways to mitigate certain symptoms, the continued struggle can complicate our ability to keep our feet under us. I’m interested to know what you do when you feel like you’re not making progress? How do we move forward even when it feels like an impossible task?

John Carter
      Participant

Yeah, some days are worse than others; on really bad days, focus on anything and everything you can do today to make tomorrow better and then do at least one thing today to get ready for a better day tomorrow.
      And after you do one thing, I bet you’ll find you can do two things. Keep moving; your not alone. When your having a bad day you can be damn sure someone, somewhere is having a tougher day.

Reuben
      Participant

Yes, getting out of the house has been a no-go for over a year now. Living in a crowded city with residents and tourists, the pandemic has required a “lock down” for safety which pretty much continues even with the vaccinations completed. Plus everything being on Virtual, I’ve lost a fairly active weekly exercise routine doing Silver Sneakers and a water aerobics class, each twice a week. I spend most of the day seated at my desk top computer with virtual activities and email communication. Seems to be the worst possible situation after PD diagnosis shortly before pandemic.

Mary Beth Skylis

Reuben – I think the pandemic has been a burden on my Dad, too. For him, it’s more that he has been unable to attend his boxing classes, which seems to be impacting his physical abilities. But I hadn’t thought about the anxiety associated with leaving and being in crowded places. Did you choose to get vaccinated?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account