• john-carter

May 13, 2021 at 3:12 pm

Yeah, some days are worse than others; on really bad days, focus on anything and everything you can do today to make tomorrow better and then do at least one thing today to get ready for a better day tomorrow.
    And after you do one thing, I bet you’ll find you can do two things. Keep moving; your not alone. When your having a bad day you can be damn sure someone, somewhere is having a tougher day.

• reuben-altman

May 13, 2021 at 3:15 pm

Yes, getting out of the house has been a no-go for over a year now. Living in a crowded city with residents and tourists, the pandemic has required a “lock down” for safety which pretty much continues even with the vaccinations completed. Plus everything being on Virtual, I’ve lost a fairly active weekly exercise routine doing Silver Sneakers and a water aerobics class, each twice a week. I spend most of the day seated at my desk top computer with virtual activities and email communication. Seems to be the worst possible situation after PD diagnosis shortly before pandemic.

• mary-beth-skylis

May 19, 2021 at 8:29 am

Reuben – I think the pandemic has been a burden on my Dad, too. For him, it’s more that he has been unable to attend his boxing classes, which seems to be impacting his physical abilities. But I hadn’t thought about the anxiety associated with leaving and being in crowded places. Did you choose to get vaccinated?