• Brian Bickers

April 27, 2021 at 6:07 am

From a PD point of view this was probably the best medication I have tried, unfortunately it was accompanied by an unacceptable level of diarrhoea.
    Brian Bickers

• fakhiuddin ahmed

April 27, 2021 at 2:29 pm

My wife has been taking entacapone for a year, starting with half a pill to one whole one. She has many symptoms that are hard to ascribe to a single factor, as happens with most PD patients, but none of the symptoms have persisted even as she continues to take entacapone.

• Jan

April 27, 2021 at 5:21 pm

It seemed to improve my on time but unfortunately I had some acute anxiety attacks that I felt were tied to entacapone, and I didn’t have more of them since I stopped the med. As I recall, it also messed with my sleep cycle.

• Jim Skylis

April 27, 2021 at 5:29 pm

Yes, I take entacapone for about 8 months now and it seems to prolong my on times by about an hour.

• mary parker

April 28, 2021 at 10:30 am

Dyskinesia is my most annoying off time.  Entacapone made it worse.  The thing that helps the most for me is SAM-e and DHEA first thing in the AM.  SAM-e is best taken on an empty stomach at different times from other meds which can make timing tricky, but it eliminates dyskinesia and improves my mood.

• William R

April 30, 2021 at 3:42 pm

I developed what I call “screaming diarrhea”.  I stopped the entacapone and then started it again and the diarrhea came back. This happened three times. Needless to say I do not take any more. I wish you luck.

• Irene

May 3, 2021 at 1:52 pm

I started with Entacapone but within a few weeks I too had diarrhea which is unusual for me because I’m usually constipated.  So I switched to the brand name of COMTAN and have had no diarrhea since.  I think it may have had something to do with the inactive ingredients, but not sure.

• Barbara Ernest

May 4, 2021 at 3:07 pm

Tried it with no noticeable benefit.

I have more off days than off periods in a day.

My main side effects of my is blood pressure variations.