Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Marcus Sutherland
      Participant

Does anyone have any experience with entacapone? My MDS just prescribed it to extend my on times.

Brian Bickers
      Participant

From a PD point of view this was probably the best medication I have tried, unfortunately it was accompanied by an unacceptable level of diarrhoea.
      Brian Bickers

fakhiuddin ahmed
      Participant

My wife has been taking entacapone for a year, starting with half a pill to one whole one. She has many symptoms that are hard to ascribe to a single factor, as happens with most PD patients, but none of the symptoms have persisted even as she continues to take entacapone.

Jan
      Participant

It seemed to improve my on time but unfortunately I had some acute anxiety attacks that I felt were tied to entacapone, and I didn’t have more of them since I stopped the med. As I recall, it also messed with my sleep cycle.

Jim Skylis
      Participant

Yes, I take entacapone for about 8 months now and it seems to prolong my on times by about an hour.

mary parker
      Participant

Dyskinesia is my most annoying off time.  Entacapone made it worse.  The thing that helps the most for me is SAM-e and DHEA first thing in the AM.  SAM-e is best taken on an empty stomach at different times from other meds which can make timing tricky, but it eliminates dyskinesia and improves my mood.

William R
      Participant

I developed what I call “screaming diarrhea”.  I stopped the entacapone and then started it again and the diarrhea came back. This happened three times. Needless to say I do not take any more. I wish you luck.

Irene
      Participant

I started with Entacapone but within a few weeks I too had diarrhea which is unusual for me because I’m usually constipated.  So I switched to the brand name of COMTAN and have had no diarrhea since.  I think it may have had something to do with the inactive ingredients, but not sure.

Barbara Ernest
      Participant

Tried it with no noticeable benefit.

I have more off days than off periods in a day.

My main side effects of my is blood pressure variations.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account