Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Symptoms and Progression Does going barefoot help you with lower back pain?

• Does going barefoot help you with lower back pain?

Posted by toni-shapiro on May 26, 2023 at 1:55 pm

Hi, There have been a number of posts over the years from those of us who suffer from Lower Back Pain.  I am aware that there is a relationship between Parkinson’s and Lower Back Pain but in researching I can not find much regarding going barefoot at home and if it is helpful.  The studies I have read are mixed with both pros and cons sounding reasonable. I would very much appreciate it if those of you who have eased their back pain  by going barefoot would reply.  Also anyone who found a certain type of shoe helpful in easing the pain. Thank you, Toni

katemaen replied 9 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • alan-m

May 30, 2023 at 4:55 pm

Hey Toni. thanks for the interesting questions and unique POV.  I never even considered trying footwear to solve this painful dilemma.

I’ve always focused mainly on chemical pain relief (i.e. taking paracetamol daily) more than footwear solutions.  I live in my mufti slippers.  Maybe that’s almost like going barefoot, what do you reckon?

I assumed our back pain must originate neurologically or out of the CNS.  So the ol’ adage, “Better living through chemistry” seems to make a lot of sense to me.

• katemaen

May 31, 2023 at 8:52 am

Yes i think that barefoot is better in general for your back, posture, balance. BUT i have recently found something that works fabulously for my chronic  lower back pain. It is called a Kailo Pain Patch. It does not contain any medicines and it works by nano technology. To find out more info go on line to GoKailo.com. I have been using mine since December and i think it is fabulous.  I live in a large senior development where we have a large PD population, and i have recommended this to many of my friends. I am in no way connected with this company but when i found something that stops my pain in ten minutes. WOW

Kate Maen