Tagged: 

• Do you still have your sense of smell?

Posted by Deleted User on July 3, 2019 at 8:03 am

I find my sense of smell is fleeting.  Sometimes I can smell the scent of a flower, other times, it is elusive.  It seems I am able to consistently smell essential oils.

Have you lost all or some of your sense of smell?   If so, what smell do you miss the most?, For me, it is lavender flowers and lilacs.

Deleted User replied 4 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Lou Hevly

July 24, 2019 at 1:54 pm

I have had absolutely zero sense of smell for 10-12 years, at least 6 years before I was diagnosed with PD. I thought back then it was the result of a horrible cold.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    July 24, 2019 at 2:04 pm

lou, i have heard that loss of smell could be an early indicator of PD. For me, it was my worsening handwriting that sent me to the neuro.

• laura seymour

August 31, 2019 at 2:40 am

I lost most of my sense of smell about 10 years ago, but I thought it was because I was taking zinc (to help avoid catching colds). Candles are harder to smell now, but I still can smell my lavender, thank goodness!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    August 31, 2019 at 12:02 pm

lavender essential oils… i am thankful i can still smell that.

• TimR

November 7, 2019 at 7:18 pm

Sense of smell not lost on everything but can’t appreciate the outdoors smells like honeysuckle in bloom and other smells.  Been that way for a while, probably never realized till my wife with hyper keen smell would ask my about some smell and I just shrugged my shoulders.

Had septoplasty and polypectomy about 6 weeks ago, hoping to regain some smell but will settle with better breathing.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    November 8, 2019 at 2:44 pm

tim, i was smelling some scented candles in the store this week, and was happy I could smell the rose scent, but, could NOT smell the lavender scented one 🙁