Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Jean Mellano
      Participant

I find my sense of smell is fleeting.  Sometimes I can smell the scent of a flower, other times, it is elusive.  It seems I am able to consistently smell essential oils.

Have you lost all or some of your sense of smell?   If so, what smell do you miss the most?, For me, it is lavender flowers and lilacs.

Lou Hevly
      Participant

I have had absolutely zero sense of smell for 10-12 years, at least 6 years before I was diagnosed with PD. I thought back then it was the result of a horrible cold.

Jean Mellano
      Participant

lou, i have heard that loss of smell could be an early indicator of PD. For me, it was my worsening handwriting that sent me to the neuro.

laura seymour
      Participant

I lost most of my sense of smell about 10 years ago, but I thought it was because I was taking zinc (to help avoid catching colds). Candles are harder to smell now, but I still can smell my lavender, thank goodness!

Jean Mellano
      Participant

lavender essential oils… i am thankful i can still smell that.

TimR
      Participant

Sense of smell not lost on everything but can’t appreciate the outdoors smells like honeysuckle in bloom and other smells.  Been that way for a while, probably never realized till my wife with hyper keen smell would ask my about some smell and I just shrugged my shoulders.

Had septoplasty and polypectomy about 6 weeks ago, hoping to regain some smell but will settle with better breathing.

Jean Mellano
      Participant

tim, i was smelling some scented candles in the store this week, and was happy I could smell the rose scent, but, could NOT smell the lavender scented one 🙁

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account