• Do you like to set goals?

Posted by ally on November 19, 2022 at 10:25 am

The third quarter of the year is typically when I start to think about the goals I want to set and achieve in the coming year. 

What about you? Do you like setting goals? What are some of the goals you’re currently working toward or plan to achieve in 2023? Are any of them health or PD-related?

toni-shapiro replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • toni-shapiro

November 27, 2022 at 2:03 am

Yes, I like goal setting.  I like what Ally said about breaking down goals into manageable smaller milestones.  I find I can overwhelm myself with all that I want to do and become frustrated and anxious which isn’t helpful. Presently I write down what many would call just a daily to do list but is very much like goal setting to me and keeps me focused.  One long goal I had and worked towards by concentrating on my mental and physical health was to take the bus and rapid transit to downtown to see a production by myself and I did it. It was very uplifting.  I am so grateful that it was a day my pain and symptoms happened to be minor and that I had an opportunity to do it.

• ally

November 26, 2022 at 3:36 pm

Hi Alexa, I couldn’t agree more – consistency trumps perfection, but staying consistent can be challenging, especially when you’re trying to achieve a really big goal or one that will take time.

Personally, I use a 90-day planner to break my goals into manageable, smaller milestones. I also hold myself accountable by sharing my goals with people who are close to me and who I know will follow up to see how I’m progressing.

How do you approach goal setting/achievement?