Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Awareness and Advocacy Do you have any Parkinsons idols?

Tagged: ,

• Do you have any Parkinsons idols?

Posted by Mary Beth Skylis on October 28, 2020 at 8:39 am

My Dad (diagnosed in 2013) has always secretly admired Mohammad Ali for his battle with Parkinsons. The boxing champion reminds him to keep fighting in every way that he can. It seems like remembering Mohammad Ali’s journey with the disease makes my Dad feel less alone. And he, too, can remain steadfast and strong despite the havoc that PD causes. Do you have any Parkinsons idols? Are there people who inspire you to keep fighting?

Rob replied 3 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Rob

October 29, 2020 at 11:26 am

There are so many these days, but my fave has to remain Michael J Fox. I admire his courage for remaining in the limelight, so that the cause remains there also. We all owe him a debt of gratitude for the work he has done for all of us.

I have been hoping that one day, our paths may cross. We are of the same demographic, and share an interest in many of life’s distractions.

I have always said that “Other than the fact that MJF is successful, wealthy, talented, well regarded, and handsome, we are practically the same guy”.