Parkinson’s News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of Parkinson’s Day 28 of #30DaysofPD: The Circus That Has Become My Life

• Day 28 of #30DaysofPD: The Circus That Has Become My Life

Posted by kevin-schaefer on April 29, 2022 at 10:45 am

This is Lori DePorter’s story.

Lori compares living with PD to life in the circus. There’s the unpredictability, the chaos, and the constant interruptions. Through it all, she’s grateful for the community of people along with her for the ride.

Here’s an excerpt, “So I guess I am the clown car. I put on a happy face. I keep appearing over and over while doing my best to keep everyone entertained. Do I succeed? Yes and no. Life with Parkinson’s is ever-changing. It’s a three-ring circus — jump in and see where you land.”

Can you relate to Lori’s story?

Lori DePorter writes the “Life, Lemons, and Lemonade” column for Parkinson’s News Today.

Parkinson’s News Today’s 30 Days of PD campaign will publish one story per day for Parkinson’s Disease Awareness Month in April. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more stories like this, using the hashtag #30DaysofPD, or read the full series.

William Palmer replied 1 year, 10 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • William Palmer

May 3, 2022 at 3:15 pm

I love Lori’s creativity and optimism here. She expresses truth yet shines a needed glow on it. Thank you.