Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mary Beth Skylis

I’ve noticed that my Dad seems to be freezing more frequently. We’ve arranged our furniture to support him while he moves across the main floor. But I still worry about him falling. He spends much of his time alone, and I can’t bear the thought of him falling while no one is around. Are you worried about falling? Have you taken any steps to prevent it from happening?

Mal Thompson
      Participant

It seems to me that my balance is mostly affected by my medication .
      Try moving your med times and amount and see if it improves .
      It has for me .

Mal

Lloyd
        Participant

Yes-excellent question. I have balance sticks as well as an UP-Walker near me, always. It’s especially imperative when the meds are close to wearing off. It’s a good idea to remove clutter and have a clear pathway.

J. Gottlob
      Participant

Yes, I worry and do fall, at least twice a day.  I don’t know if my left knee will ever heal up.

I use a 4 footed cane, which helps.  That and keeping up on my C/L along with my caffeine level.  Focusing on walking, taking big steps, and resetting when I freeze up all help.

AK Jones
      Participant

I fall at least 4 times a week, God has blessed me with the ability to be able to move in a manner that I reduced the damage to body by recalling tumbling skills earlier in life. I have had some really nasty falls when furniture and such are in the way of my falls. Ripping toes open, cutting leg/arm/face, fracturing ribs/ wrists/ shoulder . My biggest fear is falling backwards and passing out while bleeding.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account