Parkinson’s News Forums Forums COVID-19 and Parkinson’s Are you still worried about COVID-19?

Tagged: ,

• Are you still worried about COVID-19?

Posted by mary-beth-skylis on April 18, 2022 at 7:24 pm

When the pandemic first struck, I was extremely worried about my parents. They’re both in their sixties, and dad has Parkinson’s. Thinking that a virus could swoop in and knock the life out of their lungs was a constant stressor. But recently I’ve been feeling more at peace with the virus. Are you still worried about COVID-19? If so, what are you doing to keep yourself safe?

Dick Boynton replied 10 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • lilian-mclean

April 24, 2022 at 10:39 am

A little bit, even if I’ve made the vaccine I am still afraid that it will affect me.

• krukar

April 24, 2022 at 7:54 pm

How interesting that you would ask. On Thursday my wife and I received our 2nd vaccine I am 65 with Parkinson’s my wife is older with other health issues. For me there were more consequences from the vaccine than I expected. Friday I was extremely stiff and just stayed on the couch. Saturday I felt better but during the afternoon the stiffness returned.

Today we went to breakfast and I exercised on the Stationary bike. I also did a 30 minute Qui Gong routine. So that booster caused me some issue, but less for my wife. But when we answered a friend we both agreed that take the booster rather than risk the virus.

Thanks for the question Mary Beth, I hope you and your parents stay well. Blessings, Mike

• mary-beth-skylis

April 25, 2022 at 10:30 am

Thanks for your response, Krukar. All and all it sounds like you’re feeling well? We noticed something similar in my dad, too. His body seemed to have a harder time getting back to normal. I’m personally glad that he opted to get the vaccine.

• kenneth

June 18, 2023 at 11:26 am

I guess that not that much as it was in the past. Hovewer because of covid I lost some sense of smell and till today have to buy Ryaltris Nasal Spray which thx God help me to unblock my nose and feel all the smells outside. But as I said I am not worried about that much

• Dick Boynton

June 21, 2023 at 12:45 am

My wife and I just flew from Connecticut to Vancouver, Canada.  Two days later my wife had a very high fever and was very confused and fatigued.  I gave her a COVID test and she was positive.  The local doctor recommended that she stay in bed but not take any medicine, since she has had four COVID shots.  She is much better today.  She is 77 years old and I am 89 years old, and we both have Parkinson’s.