This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jean Mellano 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     Ally 
    Keymaster

Michael J. Fox’s story inspires me. He was diagnosed with Parkinson’s at 29 but he didn’t let it slow him down. He continued to work for several more years and has used his platform to raise awareness about PD. Who inspires you? It doesn’t have to be someone with PD, it could be a friend or a colleague. Why do they inspire you?

I’m also inspired by a friend and colleague who seems to have boundless energy and always puts others first. Her selflessness and dedication to everything she does really encourages me to be my best! (And I make sure she knows that because everyone should know when they’re positively impacting others!)

Jean Mellano 
    Keymaster

A woman who is turning 90 day that lives in my community inspires me.  She never complains, always has a good sense of humor about life and is very wise.  I am honored to be called her friend.

I am also inspired by a veteran I know who has created an environment for fellow veterans suffering from PTSD and depression to use endurance sports and team work to help them through their struggles.  He has boundless energy and is so respected by his fellow soldiers.

Ally 
      Keymaster

Wow, those are incredible stories, Jean! How did you meet these women?

Jean Mellano 
        Keymaster

I met Sally when I first moved to my retirement community.  Ron (the veteran), I met during my quest to raise suicide awareness after I lost my life partner of 33 years in 2015.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account