Viewing 41 reply threads
  • Author
      Jean Mellano
      Keymaster

We are up to over 200 users on the PD forum. I have noticed many people from outside USA, I would love for folks respond where they live; if USA, state name as well…

Ally
      Keymaster

I’m in Toronto, Ontario, Canada!

Jean Mellano
      Keymaster

I am in Long Island, NY, USA

Lou Hevly
      Participant

Barcelona, Catalonia

Ally
        Keymaster

Wow! I would love to visit that part of the world. Have you always lived in Barcelona, Lou?

Lou Hevly
          Participant

I moved to Catalonia in the late fall of 1981, so it has been a while. If you ever do make it out our way, we’ll be happy to give you some pointers.

Claudio
      Participant

Reggio Emilia, Italy

Ally
        Keymaster

Beautiful! A trip to Italy is pretty high on my bucket list. My parents were there last year. Have you lived in Reggio Emilia your whole life, Claudio?

Donna
      Participant

Grand Rapids Michigan area

Ally
        Keymaster

I love visiting Grand Rapids, Donna, and I have a few “internet friends” in that area. Do you enjoy living there? How are you coping with the wicked winter we’ve been having?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Kansas City

Ally
        Keymaster

Welcome! What do you love most about living there?

Manuel Fernandez
      Participant

I am at Staranzano, a small village in North Eastern Italy, not too far from Trieste

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

I LOVE little towns in Italy 🙂  We have another forum member who lives in Reggio Emilia, Italy

Jo Elmblad
      Participant

I live in Fern Park, Florida in a two story townhome. Fern Park is a community a little north of Orlando.

Ally
        Keymaster

Hi Jo, Fern Park sounds like a nice place. Do you enjoy living there? Have you always lived there?

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

hi jo, do you have stairs in your house?

Amelie
      Participant

Hello,  I live in Mauritius, in the Indian Ocean.

Ally
        Keymaster

That’s awesome, Amelie! I have a friend whose husband is from Mauritius so I know a little bit about it. Have you lived there all your life? What is the best part of living there?

Amelie
      Participant

Hi Ally,  Yes I have been living here all my life.  My husband is French.  The best part living on an island is the beach, and the fruits in summer I would say – mangoes and lychees……

Ally
        Keymaster

Yum! I love mangoes. I was just in Trinidad and I had the pleasure of enjoying some very fresh and ripe mangoes picked right from our neighbour’s tree. It was such a treat!

RAJESH GAJARIA
      Participant

I live in Mississauga Ontario Canada

Ally
        Keymaster

Hi Rajesh, we might be neighbours! I’m from the GTA as well. Welcome to the forums!

Robert
      Participant

North Suburb of Chicago, Illinois on Lake Michigan.

Ally
        Keymaster

Chicago is one of my favourite places to visit! Have you lived in that area all your life, Robert?

Robert
      Participant

I have lived here for 42 years.   My father was career military so I lived in many places as a youth.  I attended 7 different schools during 12 years of public schooling.  Thanks for asking.

Ally
        Keymaster

I can kind of relate! My mom is pastor and we moved around a lot when I was a kid. I think it made me more resilient and outgoing, although I definitely disliked it when I was a child. I’m reluctant about moving now, but more because of the expense/inconvenience. I really like exploring new places and meeting new people. Did you enjoy following your father’s career?

laura seymour
      Participant

I live in Silverton, Oregon and have done so for 12 years. Before that, I lived in Michigan (since birth) – Detroit, Dearborn.

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

I have heard Oregon is beautiful…  I was just in the Pacific Northwest a week ago  in Kenmore, Washington at the PD summer school in Bastyr college.

Ally
        Keymaster

What brought you from MI to OR, Laura? Have you enjoyed living on the west coast?

Jarmila
      Participant

I live in Kamenice, a small village near Prague, Czech Republic

Ally
        Keymaster

Welcome! Prague is on my bucket list — it looks like a beautiful city. 🙂

Jarmila
          Participant

Ally, Thank you. Prague is really beautiful city. It should be nice to meet you here.

laura seymour
        Participant

I’m an only child, so when my parents died, I really didn’t have anyone close to me except my husband.  My daughter and her family lived in Oregon, so we decided watching videos of our granddaughter, we’d like to be there to be part of her life.  Things fell into place rather easily, like it was meant to be.  I guess it was, because my daughter is fighting a second round of stomach cancer, so I feel so much better being here than so far away in Michigan.  Now with my PD diagnosis, I feel even better living here.  The PNW is so beautiful and people are so nice!  I am sure I would have gone into a deeper depression back in Michigan.

I have a question, too.  Where do I ask it?  Thanks!

Jean Mellano
          Keymaster

laura, i am so sorry about your daughters cancer.  I am glad you are living close to her now so you both can lean on each other..

as for asking a question, we have several categories https://parkinsonsnewstoday.com/forums/

chose the category that best fits your question and clik on it; scroll to bottom and you should see ‘create a new topic’  lmk if that works

Jean Mellano
      Keymaster

WOW!  we have a great cross section of folks from around the world… nice to meet you all..

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Greenport, NY

Maine

Barcelona, Catalonia

Reggio Emilia, Italy

Grand Rapids Michigan area

Kansas City

Staranzano, a small village in North Eastern Italy, not too far from Trieste

Fern Park, Florida

Mauritius, in the Indian Ocean

Mississauga Ontario Canada

North Suburb of Chicago, Illinois on Lake Michigan

Silverton, Oregon

Kamenice, a small village near Prague, Czech Republic

Hi,
      Istanbul, TR.
      All the best,

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

mehmet, I have heard turkey has some beautiful beaches on the southern coast..

Ally
        Keymaster

Welcome, Mehmet! How did you find this forum?

Hi Ally,
          I hope that I will benefit from new information and useful opinions.
          It’il help me learn something.

Jeffery Hill
      Participant

I’m Toronto as well.

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

jeffrey

so is ally, one of our moderators !

Ally
        Keymaster

Are you a Raptors fan?! 🙂

Chris Manning
      Participant

I live in Oakville, Ontario.

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

Canada is well represented on this forum!

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

Canada is well represented on this forum!

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I live in St. Albert, Alberta, Canada.</p>

Gail Dons
      Participant

Hey, Robert! My dad was military, my husband was military, but we have managed to live in Chicago for 5 years – South Side (Hyde Park)

Kevin
      Participant

Thanks Gene and your welcome – Im part of Bastyr’s online study re diet and parkinsons but – I did not know they had an event this summer – I saw one of their talks done in Australia tho recently on youtube – it was fantastic – I believe they are doing what im doing as ive sent most of my info to them but don’t get anything back – lol – I started doing it 7-8 years ago and at that time was reading research on the biome and its contribution to autoimmune disease & mitochondrial disfunction which is nearly all disease including parkinsons but do not think many folks were working along those lines back then – hope you are doing well

Kevin
      Participant

Sorry Jean for the Gene – auto correct caught me unaware

Jean Mellano
      Keymaster

kevin

no worries about calling me Gene, it happens all the time LOL

Kevin
      Participant

too funny jean – that was cute – thanks for the humor

Jean Mellano
      Keymaster

sense of humor  and not sweating the small stuff is so important 🙂

Kevin
      Participant

posted a reply to Jean but it appears it did not go thru – are links not allowed in these forums?

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

Hi Kevin. If a post has a link, as moderator I must review and approve or spam it.   It will not be approved if it is a link that sells something.  I don’t recall seeing a response from you that had a link. But, the internet is a black hole and sometimes things just disappear. Go figure lol

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

Hi Kevin. If a post has a link, as moderator I must review and approve or spam it.   It will not be approved if it is a link that sells something.  I don’t recall seeing a response from you that had a link. But, the internet is a black hole and sometimes things just disappear. Go figure lol

Kevin
      Participant

Near Seattle, WA – USA – doing more traveling tho so – born in Oregon – love the Great Pacific Northwest – also love the south – Florida and the Bahamas are my winter go to places – spending the month of December down there – three weeks in Cancun late Jan/Feb – diet against disease @ [email protected] takes time but can be done anywhere in the world – practicing medicine before a Parkinson’s Plus Diagnosis lead me to research and a bunch of changes in my lifestyle and supplementation etc etc etc – guess thats enough for the moderators who are asking questions about everyone but happy to answer if you have any for me!  Enjoy,

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

hi kevin

thanks for posting.  did you attend PD summer school in seattle at bastyr univ. (produced by dr. mischley in august?

Kevin
      Participant

I said you were so right – your suggestion re humor and not sweating the small stuff is a major part of a healthy lifestyle – but – included a link to Dr. Bruce Lipton’s talk about autoimmunity and disease modification – its free for another day or so from hay house who may be selling their talks – lol – not sweating the small stuff

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

Hmm Kevin, never saw that one….

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

Kevin
      Participant

again – not sweating the small stuff – 4 of the same responses – LoL

Laura
      Participant

Hi, I live in Staten Island, NY.

Jean Mellano
      Keymaster

hi laura, fellow new yorker.   i live in wine country, the north fork of long island

MARIA BACIGALUPE
      Participant

Hi everyone!

I’m from Argentina, La Plata, near Buenos Aires!

How many cities are here! How many friends around the world!

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

hi maria, yes, this forum has users from all over the world!

Yaman Kahveci
      Participant

Hey I’m living in Istanbul

Is there anybody here?

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

Yaman

Mehmet ( scroll backwards to see the response) is also from Istanbul, Turkey

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

Yaman

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

Yaman

Gail Dons
      Participant

I think Jean was stuttering…or do PwPs get email tremors, too.  😉

Jean Mellano
        Keymaster

Gail, too funny.  The forum does that sometimes and I dont know why.  Technology, a beautiful thing when it works.   Lol.

George Kapetanakis
      Participant

George near Boston. Originally from Macedonia Greece.

Shirley Cypher
      Participant

Twin Falls IDaho (where Evel Knievl (sic) “tried” to jump the Snake River canyon in his rocket powered motorcycle.

TimR
      Participant

North Georgia mountains, 2 hr north of Atlanta.  Been here 3 yrs, prior to that Charlotte,  North Carolina

Jo S.
      Participant

I’m in the US in western Pennsylvania.

Matti
      Participant

Hi. I live in Colchester, Essex, UK. It is about 50 miles from London.

I have lived here all my life.

Toni Shapiro
      Participant

Hi Ally, I live in Vancouver British Columbia Canada.

Viewing 41 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account