Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mary Beth Skylis

Caregiving is a 24 hour job. While many moments are filled to the brim with joy and gratitude, some moments are extremely tough. For me, it’s very difficult to hear my Dad’s speech slowing. He does a great job of raising his voice so we can hear him. But it takes conscious effort. What is your least favorite part of caregiving? Have you found ways to make it easier for yourself and your loved one?

Renée Osborne
      Participant

Watching the transformation of my husband – a strong-willed and very independent business owner become a slow-moving and humble elderly man. So sad!  His loss of enthusiasm for conversation, debating, quietness. I would love to see and hear him laugh like he used to. I miss the intimacy of all our special moments. I am thankful for the best memories of my life.

Mary Beth Skylis

I’m sorry that you’re experiencing this, Renee. I’ve been watching my Dad decline, too. And I’m so grateful to have him in my life. But it is incredibly hard to see a loss of independence and ability.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account